【Part 22: Search】「Kazuo」

Chapter 22: Search

"Go ahead." I said to the policeman that stood before me. He gave me a quick nod, and the squad invaded my house.

I was nervous. I wasn't quite sure if I cleaned throughly enough. I knew policemen find things quickly so I was holding my breath.

"It's been a while Kazuo." Katie's father goes over to greet me.

"Hey." I said.

"So tell me why we are searching your house?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"I really hope you aren't the one that murdered him." His intense orbs focused on mine.

"I protect my life. Know that." I glared. Maybe I was the reserved type, but I say what I mean. I remembered that day when I saw that chick mess with Satoshi. I told her I will slice her neck if she continues this behavior. Since then, I've heard nothing from her.

"Watch what you say Kazuo. Come outside." He gestures me to go outside, and I follow.

"Mhm yeah?" I leaned my back to the wall with my arms folded. He goes over to sit by the handrail on my porch.

"Did you do it?" He asks instantly.

"Yeah."

"How can I cover for you if they find something?"

"Don't. Lock me up. Not like I have much to live for."

"Don't be absurd. You are a professor." He pulls out a cigarette, and hands me one. I refused it.

"I can't get out of this. I killed him, and his son. His son was trying to harass my boyfriend sexually." I made a fist in my folded arms.

"You could have reported this." He takes a inhale.

"I know. I am in the wrong."

"I'll let you off for this, but you need to go to the asylum for some help. People don't go around killing people."

"No. I am here to protect Satoshi."

"The kid will be fine."

The officers rushed out of the house, and I was taken aback by their sudden charge at me. Katie's dad stopped them.

"Look there was something that happened here. Don't arrest him just yet." The officers halted, and my chest calmed down.

"But officer Franz!" An officer shouted.

"Silence!" He dismissed them.

"Kazuo, I came to Japan because I knew it would be you that would do this. I will see you later. I'll call you when I figure something out." He hands me his business card. It read Charles Franz. He is a French man, but his name wasn't quite French like. I took the card, and watched him walk away.

That evening I turned on a Chinese drama on tv. It was only the dialogue of the drama that filled my walls. The house felt so quiet. Getting up, I went to the area where I killed that man.

"Uhg..." I groaned, and covered my nose. I could smell the blood so fresh. I could still feel the gooey substance all so well. I looked to the wall where I noticed a small red dot.

"Huh?!" I gasped, and went to touch it. It was still wet. I went to grab a towel to wipe it off. The spot only got bigger! I kept wiping hard on the wall, and soon the bloody spot was as big as my body.

"Get the fuck!" I yelled, and started clawing at my wall. "Get off my wall!" The spot expanded as pieces of my wall fell off. "Leave me alone!" Why was he torturing me like this?! What did I do?! I punched the wall over, and over until my knuckles bled.