Chapter 39

Jason's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growl lowly. My dad raises an eyebrow and smirks while my mom squeals at my voice. My dad scowls over at her and grips her thigh harshly. She whimpers and quiets down. You see, he is a Absidian and she is a Hekoran. My father is a hardass who never appreciated us though. He would hit her every time she said the wrong thing or did something childish. He would hit me just because. He told me I was never going to be worthy and that I was a mistake constantly. I don't care though, he is nothing to me anyway.

"I see you're still an abuser." I hiss, laying Juliet down on the couch. She snuggles up to the couch pillows and I smile adoringly before becoming serious again. "Come here, mom. I haven't seen you in forever." I smile and she screeches, jumping up and running over to me. I wrap my arms around her tightly, closing my eyes and spinning her in a small circle. I love my momma. She is the sweetest thing. Her and Juliet take the cake for my two most favorite people.

"Oh you've grown up so much, my little Jasey Baby." My mom says, standing on her tiptoes and pinching my cheeks. I laugh as she struggles to reach me. My mom and Juliet are both the same height. It is hilarious watching them try to mess with me. "It's been like three years, mom." I say and she pouts. "I kn-" "Sophie!" My dad barks. She jumps and runs back over to him quickly. He leans over and growls in her ear. "Stop acting so damn immature. Grow up." He hisses and she tears up slightly. He grabs her chin and yanks her face to look at him. He gives her a pointed look and she whimpers, trying to stop crying. "I'm s-sorry, Drakul." she whispers and he growls, pushing her face away. I stand there outraged, but I know if I say something she'll get it worse when I'm not there.

"What do you fucking want?" I bark, fed up with him already. Juliet jumps out of her sleep at my loudness. "J-Jay Jay?" She whimpers, rubbing her sleepy eyes cutely with an sweet little pout. "Shhh, I'm here, babygirl." I coo, picking her up and cradling her to me. She yawns adorably and her button nose crinkles. I chuckle and kiss it as she giggles, gripping onto my shirt and popping her thumb in her mouth.

A throat clears making us snap out of it and look over. My father looks pissed, disgusted, and annoyed while my mom looks in awe and has a confused yet adoring look in her eyes. She probably thought all men abused and were rude to woman and their mates.

I sit down in my reclining chair and settle Juliet comfortably in my lap. She snuggles her face in my upper side. She then grabs my hand and starts sucking on my thumb before falling asleep again. I chuckle and brush back her baby wispy hairs around her face with my free hand.

I look up and look at my father expectantly. "What?" I ask, moving my hand in a "hurry up" motion. "Son-" "-Don't call me that. I'm not your son. You are not my dad. You never earned that title. You may be my father but you will never be my dad." I hiss and he sighs. "Jason, I need some money." "No." I say immediately. I don't want to help him ever. "Jason, people are out to kill me and I don't have enough to pay them back. Please." he pleads as my mother looks curiously around the house. I bet she wouldn't even care if he got killed. He hurt her in every imaginable way and she needed out of that pain."Don't care." I shrug. "I'm no match for The Del Fuego's. I'm too old now."

"The Del Fuego's, you say?" I raise an eyebrow. I had just signed a treaty with them and we were now allies. They were practically under my entire command since I could bomb and kill them anytime I wanted. They knew they were no match for me so they became my allies. I chuckle to myself and pet Juliet's soft hair. I look up at Carter and scratch behind my ear. He smirks and nods, understanding my plan and quietly walks out of the room. "Jordan," I suddenly say and he straightens up quickly. "Yes, Sir?" He asks. "Take my mother and show her the upstairs. I'm sure she's curious. And also show her the gardens. She loves the roses."I say, pulling out a cigar and lighting it after freeing my thumb from Juliet's mouth. "Yes, Sir. Come with me, Madam." Jordan says and my mom jumps up giggling.

My father actually looks relieved that she was gone. I stare him down before Carter walks back in and nods, his signature smirk spread across his face. I chuckle and take another deep inhale of my cigar before releasing it slowly, "You know..I really hate you, Drakul." I hiss at him. His face drops a little but he quickly jumps back. "You deserve everything you're about to get." I say, smirking evily as I hear the doorbell ring. My father looks confused and I chuckle to myself.

Soon the leaders of the Del Fuego's walk in and quickly grab Drakul. He growls and tries to get out of their grip but he can't. "You tricked me!" he yelps, looking shocked. "Yes. Yes I did." I smile and take another drag. Juliet still sleeps peacefully in my arms, unaware of all the evil taking place around her. The Del Fuego's pistol whip him and he collapses to the ground. "Have fun, boys. It was a pleasure doing business with you again." I say, nodding at them respectfully. "Thank you, Mr. McCann." The main leader says and they soon drag him out.

Jordan and my mother walk in then and she looks confused that Drakul wasn't there. "Take her to the council and get the bond removed. Quickly! Before they kill him." I bark and the gang nods, quickly escorting her out. I sigh taking another drag. Problem solved.