Chapter 4

Juliet's POV

Suddenly jolting awake, I look over at the clock and see it's 4:43 in the morning. Jason slept soundly by my side and quietly mumbles to himself in his language while turning over. Hit with with a bout of nausea that first woke me up, I jump out of bed with a hand clasped over my mouth. I make it to the bathroom just in time. Emptying my stomach out, I quietly cry to myself. Period problems. Picking myself up after finishing, I quietly brush my teeth still crying over the pain in my abdomen and major headache. After finishing, I change certain things and walk out of the bathroom, over to Jason's side of the bed. He was still sleeping contently.

"J-Jay Jay?" I whimper, clutching my stomach. "What?" he growls, eyes still closed. Jason was always cranky and rude when he was woken up. "I don't feel g-good." I mumble hoping he would take care of me. "Well deal with it. What do you want me to do? I'm sure you're fine. Quit being such a baby, Juliet. Grow up." He hisses turning over and burying his face into his pillow. "Oh.. O-okay." I sniffle. Turning around, a tear rolls down my face as I walk silently out of the room, Jason's snores fill my ears. A pang of hurt goes through my chest. If Jay Jay wants me to grow up, I will.

Walking down the hallway, I walk into the library and push the bookshelf to the side and close it behind me, walking up to my secret room. I plop down on the bed and clutch my churning stomach in pain. I just lay there and cry, not being able to sleep.

____________________________

Looking over at the clock, I see I have been laying here for a couple hours. Seeing that people would start getting up soon, I walk back downstairs and start cooking breakfast. Eggs, bacon, biscuits, grits, waffles, french toast, omelets, fruit, pancakes, toast, orange, and apple juice were all laid on the table when I was done. I cook when I'm sad. By that time it was around 9:30 and I had changed for school that started at 10:00. It was a school for the gifted and was only a couple hours every other day. This was my last week too.

The gang slowly starts coming down and looking at me weirdly as I sat there looking down with all the food sprawled out of the table. Looking up, I sniffle and compose myself. I smile fakely. "Eat! I made it for you guys." I try not to stutter and sound like a baby. The gang exchanges glances and shrug. They all thank me, kiss my head, and mess up my hair before making their plate. The gang basically worshipped me and they all loved hanging out with me since I was apparently 'funny to listen to and watch'.

"There's my babygirl!" Arms suddenly wrap around my waist from behind and Jason's melodic voice fills my ears. I refrain from squealing and hugging him back. "Where were you this morning, little one?" He kisses my head and spins me around to look into my eyes. He frowns slightly at my swollen and red eyes. My eye color wasn't its brilliant purple, they were a gloomy grey. "I was making breakfast down here, Jason. Go get some. You must be hungry" I smile fakely again as he opens and closes his mouth like a fish at me calling him Jason. "Are you alright? You're acting weird." he whispers looking down at me concerned and furrowing his perfect eyebrows.

"I'm fine, Jason. I'm just being a big good girl." I look deep into his eyes. He frowns. "Well at least come eat with me. I haven't seen you all morning, babygirl." He coos, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "I already ate." I lie. "And I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a big girl...I'm going to school now. Bye Jason." I shrug Jason off of me and grab my backpack, walking out of the kitchen with Jason following me.

"Why aren't you calling me Jay Jay? You know I love it when you call me that." He grabs my arm to stop me but I yank it out of his grasp. "Because Jason." I whip around and glare at him. His eyes widen at my tone. "To grow up, I have to start calling you by your actual name. Not some silly pet name..no matter how much I want to." I keep the tears at bay. His eyes fill with hurt and I refrain from breaking down and kissing all over him while squealing how sorry I was and that I loved him.

"Where is all of this coming from?" he whispers, shaking his head in disbelief. "This morning around 5 am, I was throwing up and wasn't feeling goo-" He cuts me off. "Well why didn't you tell me? I would have held you, babygirl." he says sympathetically. "I did! But your response was and I quote "I'm sure you're fine. Quit being such a baby, Juliet. Grow up." I'm just doing what you want me to do." His eyes fill with regret. "I-I'm sorry, kitten. You know I'm cranky in the morning and say things I don't mean. I love your innocence. Come on.. I know you want to hug Jay Jay." He smiles, opening his arms.

I just stare at him blankly. "Bye Jason." I sigh turning around to walk out the door. He grabs my arms again to stop me. "At least give me a kiss." He leans down to kiss me but I turn my head at the last second so he kisses my cheek. His eyes fill with hurt and tears brim his eyes. Nothing hurts worse than your mate rejecting you. "O-okay..You can go to school but we're fixing this when you get home. I love you, kitten! Be safe and know I'll miss you all day." He smiles through his teary eyes. I just smile fakely and walk out, even though every fiber in my being was screaming to kiss him and tell him that I loved him back.