Chapter 30

Jason's POV

It's been five days. Five days without hearing my little kitten's voice or laugh. Justin is going insane. He has become stuck in his baby mode. Bella said this hasn't happened in years. He won't stop crying or talking in third person. At least he isn't trying to kill me like before. I feel bad for him though. This is his only way of coping. He hasn't left Juliet's hospital bed except to use the restroom. Just like me. He hasn't even slept or eaten though. He just sits there, rocking back and forth, crying his heart out and whimpering Juliet's name. I feel like I'm close behind him.

______________________

I walk back from the cafeteria with two little tubs of cereal for Justin and I. Bella had to go home and watch the little kids during the day but then some people named Chris and Danielle come watch at night while she comes and stays with Justin. Walking into the room, I freeze at the scene before me. My heart breaks a little. Justin climbs into the bed next to Juliet. "B-babygirl..Y-you gotta wake u-up. P-please wake up for d-daddy. P-please!" He cries, laying down beside her and pulling her unconscious body into his chest. He sobs loudly as he kisses her hair and tickles her back. She used to love people tickling her back.

He cries louder as he glances at her wrists and picks one up, kissing the cuts lightly. "W-why would you do this to y-yourself?" He hiccups. "Oh my little bunny..." I hear someone behind me whisper and I almost jump ten feet the air. I look back and see Bella standing there. "You just scared the shit out of me." I say holding a hand to my heart. "What are you doing here anyway?" I ask "Sorry.. I forgot my purse." She says frowning. That's all everyone does around here. Frowns.

She glances back at the sobbing Justin and sighs, walking into the room. "Bunny.." She coos and Justin shoots up, climbing out of the bed after laying Juliet down gently and racing over to Bella's awaiting arms. "W-why is she not w-waking up, Kitten? I'm her daddy. Her b-best friend..and she w-won't wake up for m-me." He sobs into Bella's chest. My heart aches. It hurts so bad from this whole situation.

Juliet was supposed to wake up three days ago and she hasn't. The doctors don't know why. One said she might have lost her will to live. That one got to me. I had to leave the room to throw up in the nearest trashcan. My little kitten is going to wake up and I'm going to cuddle her to my chest and protect her. I'll spend the rest of my life reassuring her that I love her and need her in my life. If she would just fucking wake up.

___________________________________

4 days later

Still Jason's POV

"Hey baby.." I sniffle, sitting next to her hospital bed, sipping on my fresh cup of coffee. I need it since I haven't slept in days. I can't because I'm afraid the second I fall asleep, she could be gone. Just like her will to live...

I grab her hand and caress the back of it tenderly. Bella finally forced Justin to go home yesterday and he put up quite a fight. I give him props. He can throw a mean left hook, especially at big bulky security guards who are helping Bella escort him out of the building. Knocked the bitch right out. I'm still laughing about it.

I gaze at her face then realize her hair is a mess. If there was anything that Juliet hated it would be messy hair. I set my coffee down and stand up, leaning over to kiss her forehead before walking down to the nurse's station.

"Can I help you?" One of the nurses asks. "Umm yes. Would there be any chance you had a brush and a few hair ties?" I ask kinda shyly. She gives me an odd look. I don't blame her. It's probably not everyday that a twenty-one year old man wearing all black and is covered in tattoos ask for hair ties and a brush. "It's for my m-mate." I explain. She loses the weird look and smiles slightly. She walks over to a drawer and pulls out a brush and a pack of hair ties. "Here you go, sir." She smiles polietly. I can't bring myself to smile back. I haven't smiled since before all of this happened. I nod and grab them from her, making my way back to Juliet's room.

When I get there, she is in the exact same position and I sigh sadly. Walking over to the bed, I grab the remote and make the bed sit up some. I know I won't be hurting Juliet since the doctors say she's fine and as soon as she wakes up, she can get her new anti-depressants and leave.

I carefully scoot Juliet up a little and settle myself behind her, laying her back against my chest. I then take the brush and start slowly and tenderly brushing her messy curls. She's not dirty since I have been sponge bathing her everyday. I refuse to let the nurses do it because I want to be close to her and I don't like other people touching my mate in intimate places. That's my job and I mean that in the most innocent and non innocent way.

After untangling her beautiful mane of hair, I slowly begin fishtail braiding it. After sitting and watching Juliet do it to her dolls and little sisters for many years, I managed to pick up how to do a few hairstyles. I finish a few minutes later and fasten it with a hair tie. "There.. Good as new, babydoll." I sigh kissing the back of her hair and wrapping my arms around her tiny waist. That's one of the things I love about her. She's tiny and petite so she easily crawl into my lap and let me protect and love her.

"You know when you wake up and we get out of here, I'm going to bring you to your favorite restaurant then we will go get ice cream. How does that sound, little one?" I ask. No response, like I expected. "Yeah..It will be fun. I promise." I whisper, laying the bed back down and lying her back on my chest. Since she is in my arms, I feel at ease. So at ease, that I slowly fall asleep.

______________

I wake up to light moaning and shifting around. "Babygirl, go back to sleep. Give me five more minutes." I moan, throwing my arm over my eyes as the other stays wrapped tightly around her waist. Suddenly it hits me and I gasp, shooting up. "Babygirl?" I ask, looking down as her eyes flutter open. When they do I feel saddened by the stormy grey color her eyes were. "W-what happened?" She mewls, looking around confused. I stiffen as the memories come back to me. "You s-slit your wrists then tried to drown yourself." I croak, my eyes getting teary. She looks at me emotionless and the look and what she says next sends shivers down my spine. "Oh no. I didn't try to drown myself. That would be stupid. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim."