Chapter 10

Juliet's POV

"Jay Jay?" I ask, crawling onto the bed and curling up on his lap. He hums in acknowledgement and looks down at me, setting his laptop to the side, wrapping his big muscular arms around me, and cradling me to him protectively. "C-Can we go to the s-store? I want some cookies and food but we don't have anything!" I ask in an innocent baby voice, throwing my hands in the air and giving him my cutest puppy dog eyes and pout.

It was a hassle to convince Jason to go anywhere because, you know, he just happens to be America's Most Wanted and we have to disguise ourselves constantly. No one can know what I truly look like either because I am already a target for other gangs and if I get taken, both of us will die in less than a week. We both have several wigs and color contacts so no one recognizes us.

"Why can't the maid do it?!" He whines. I play with his collar and tie that he was still wearing from a very important meeting this morning. "Because she's dead. You shot her last week because she didn't buy you the right brand of chips, remember?" I say casually, picking lint off of the duvet. "Oh yeah," He chuckles. "Stupid bitch. She didn't even know the difference between Doritos and Frito's. Who doesn't know that?" He shakes his head and rolls his eyes, typing a few things on his laptop.

"Whatcha doin?" I nosily say, trying to peek over his shoulder. He laughs at my curiosity and moves me so the laptop sits in my lap where we could both see but he still could type. I couldn't understand anything on the screen since it was either in a secret code or another language. Jason could pretty much speak all the languages so it wasn't a problem for him to do international business. He puts his chin on my shoulder and presses enter.

"I'm just doing some business with some clients." He says vaguely since he doesn't like me in the mob business. He says it isn't for innocent little girls like me and I should just obey him and be his little innocent kitten. His words, not mine."Oh okay." I play with his fingers. By 'clients', he means druggies, gun dealers, gang leaders, mob bosses, the mafia kings and princes, and some wacked government officials.

Since he was so rich and powerful, Jason pretty much had immunity with the government and could do anything he pleased. He could kill someone in front of the Capital building and no one would bat an eyelash. They would just turn their heads. We just wear disguises in case of other mob/gang leaders that may get pissed and want to kill us. The "America's Most Wanted" title was just for show but Jason wore it with pride.

"So can we?" I turn my head and look up at him with big innocent eyes. He sighs dramatically. "I guess so. Anything to keep My Princess happy." He smiles, kissing my forehead. I cheer and we both run to get ready.

A few minutes later, I was in a blonde wig and deep green contacts while Jason traded in his spiked golden caramel blonde hair for a deep mahogany brown flippy haired wig and bright blue contacts. We look at each other and nod in approval. "Hot." We both say to the other then laugh. "Let's do this." He say, putting on his fake prescription glasses and acting like shopping was a huge deal. Well...it really was. I squeak like a little mouse when he jerks me up into his arms and runs down the stairs. Pray for me since I am shopping with this idiot. A cute adorable hot idiot but still very much an idiot.