Chapter 26

Juliet's POV

~Flashback~

Age 8. Jason is 13.

"Where are we going today, Jay Jay?" I ask as we walk down the street hand in hand. Three of my strides equal one of his so I'm basically running. "Well I was thinking we could go to the mall and get ice cream. Sound good?" He asks looking down at me with a small smile. "Yeah!" I screech. "I love ice cream!" I say happily. "I know, princess." He smiles, squeezing my hand tenderly.

We arrive at the mall a few minutes later but Jason looks like he is looking for something. "Jay Jay, the ice cream place is over there." I pull on his arm and point at the Pinkberry across the hall. "Shut up for a second, Juliet." he scolds and I immediately shut up, feeling a little hurt since he had never told me to shut up before. "O-okay." I whisper looking at the ground sadly.

"Jasey!" I hear a ear piercing screech and I can't stop myself from wincing. A pretty blonde girl tackles Jason in a hug and he lets go of my hand to hug her back. "Hey Sare-bear." He laughs. She smiles when she pulls back but frowns when she sees me. "Who's this?" She asks rudely. I grab Jason's hand and start to say, "I'm his m-" but his hand slaps over my mouth. "She's my cousin. Couldn't get out of babysitting." He laughs nervously. "Oh.." She trails off glaring at me like I just ruined her life. "Come on! Lets go get ice cream now, Jasey." She squeals and I wince again. Her voice is really hurting my sensitive ears.

"Okay, Lets go." Jason smiles, grabbing her hand and walking over to Pinkberry. I stand there frozen and hurt for a second. Wasn't this supposed to be our day? I try to shrug off the hurt and follow them. As I get in there, I see Jason paying but only see an ice cream for the two of them. "Jay Jay, where's mine?" I ask, gripping a fist in his shirt. "Ugh, you little brat. Just shut up. You're annoying me." Sarah says, grabbing Jason's hand and dragging him away before he can say anything. My eyes well up with tears and a silent sob breaks past my lips.

The sweet old lady at the counter apparently sees everything and gasps. "Oh sweetheart. Don't cry. Come over here." She opens the door to the back and I walk over to her, sticking my thumb in my mouth still crying. "Oh you're a little Hekoran." She coos, picking me up. "Here. I'll let you get a free frozen yogurt, okay?" She smiles, tapping my nose. I giggle and blush at the attention. "What do you want, sweetheart?" She coos, carrying me over to the flavors and toppings. "C-can I have v-vanilla with strawberries and chocolate s-syrup, pwease?" I ask, laying my head in her neck.

"Of course, sweet pea." She smiles, setting me on the back counter before making my cup. After finishing, she hands my cup and spoon. "T-thank you." I smile weakly, the pain still in my heart from Jason ignoring me and Sarah's mean words. "You're welcome, honey. Now tell me who those mean people were?" She asks, sitting down on a stool next to the counter. "Jay Jay is my mate." I blush as she coos. She then furrows her eyebrows. "Well then who is that rude girl?" She asks confused. "I don't know. Jay Jay and I were supposed to have a fun day but she showed up and now he's i-ignoring me." I stutter before breaking out into sobs again. "J-Jay Jay is b-being mean to Juliet." I sob. I inherited the trait where I start talking in third person when I'm upset from my dad.

"Oh honey." The lady sighs, hugging me. "I'm sure he's just having a bad day." I nod a little. "I guess.." I whimper. As I look up, I see Jason and Sarah, laughing as they walk out of the mall. I gasp and jump off the counter. "Jay Jay is leaving." I start freaking out. "I got to go! Thank you for the ice cream." I say, running out of the store before she can say anything. I race out of the mall and see the sun setting and no Jason in sight. "JAY JAY?!" I scream in fright, tears rolling down my face. No response. I start hyperventilating as my heart breaks.

After a few minutes full of crying, frantically searching, and weird and sympathetic looks from strangers, I realize it was getting dark and I would never find him. A cold breeze causes me to shiver and I wish I had Jason here to hold me. I curl my arms around me to get some warmth and start heading home with my head down, black tears racing down my face.

Half way home, it's just my luck that it starts pouring ice cold rain. I whimper loudly and start running down the street. As I start running faster, my clumsy self trips over a branch in the road and I scrape my knee badly. "Owwie." I sob, pulling up my skirt to my dress a little to see blood start streaming down my leg. The blood gets on my dress a little and I whimper trying to rub it off. I asked my mommy to buy this dress so I could wear it and look pretty for Jay Jay. My heart breaks as I notice he didn't even comment on it or say I look beautiful like he always does.

I had never hated anyone before but I absolutely hated Sarah and a little bit of Jason at this moment. I stand back up and limp down the road, my little leg burning and screaming in pain. A few long harsh minutes later, I see my house and almost screech in excitement when I see my daddy standing worriedly at the window.

When he sees me, he looks horrified and runs outside. I sob harder as he races to me, picking me up and cradling me in his arms. "Oh babygirl." He cries, his eyes getting watery at my broken state. "Are you okay? Where's Jason?" He asks frantically as he runs inside before grabbing a towel from a nearby closet and wrapping me snug inside. He holds me tightly to him and tries to warm me up. I keep on repeating 'no, no, no.' as I buried my face in his warm neck.

My sensitive loving daddy starts crying as well as I wail into his neck. After a few minutes, I am so exhausted and fall into a deep sleep in my daddy's comforting arms.

~Flashback Over~

The bedroom door opens causing me to break out of my daze. Jason stands there and smiles. "Come on, kitten. I want you to meet the new gang member." He says and I climb off the bed, walking with him downstairs. A girl with cheap blonde extensions and a face caked with makeup stands around with all the guys. Some of the guys looked lustful as the others looked disgusted. Her shrill nasally high pitched voice sounds familiar and causes me to wince. "Little one, I would like you to meet Sarah." Jason says.

My whole world explodes at his statement and the last thing I see is darkness as I faint and hit the hard floor.