Chapter 36

Juliet's POV

"Come back here, you precious little piece of shit!" The soaking wet Jason growls playfully and I scream giggling while running down the stairs. He still can't really insult me even though I had waken Jason up from his nap a little evilly. I poured ice cold water on him then bolted out the door after seeing his angry face, leading us to now.

He chases me around the table a few times before I run out the open back door. I screech laughing when I see Jason's fingertips about to grab my shirt and run faster around the big pool, which I had only swam in once or twice because I'm not the best swimmer. I'm just to fragile and weak to hold myself up. Jason thinks it's adorable when I can barely keep my head up and he gets to hold and snuggle me the whole time.

I suddenly hear a pained groan and freeze, whipping around. Jason lays there on the ground and close to the pool edge, clutching his ankle while wincing. "J-Jay Jay!" I yelp, running to him. I crouch down beside him and grab his face worriedly. "A-are you o-okay?" I ask, tears building up in my eyes. "I's so s-sorry!" I weep, feeling guilty since I caused this.

Suddenly, Jason's pained wince becomes a wicked smirk. Before I can say anything or scream, he grips me tightly to him and rolls sideways, straight into the twelve foot pool! He tricked me! I didn't even get a good breath because I was crying.

I guess he forgets I can't swim very well, because he lets go to swim to the top and laugh. I try my hardest to swim up but I can feel myself sinking to the bottom. My ears pop and hurt as I get closer to the concrete bottom and I just want to cry. My lungs start to ache and scream at the lack of oxygen in them.

In the mean time, I guess Jason realizes I was slowly sinking to my death instead of at the top screaming at him about messing up my hair. I see him swim down to me and pull me close to him as he quickly swims back up.

As soon as we hit the surface, a loud sob breaks out of my mouth as I cling onto him trembling and shaking violently. Drowning is my biggest fear. My legs latch tightly around his waist while my arms do the same to his neck. "Shhh, babygirl. I'm so sorry." He coos, kissing my head. "I completely forgot you couldn't swim. I was too caught up in the moment. I don't mean to hurt you. Jay Jay was just playing." he coaxes, petting my hair as I softly cry into his neck. I knew he didn't mean to. I had forgiven him already and I think he knew that as soon as I weakly pecked his shoulder and neck.

He swims over to the pool steps and sits on the third one, pulling me into his lap and cradling me like a baby. He then chokes on air and stares down at me in shock. He gulps trying to look away, whispering to himself, "Now is not the time, Jason." Wide eyed and still slightly crying, I look down and scan my outfit. I was only in Jason's white t-shirt and Hello Kitty panties. No bra. Oh... I see the problem. I quickly cover my chest and blush, burying my face in his side. "I sorry." I whimper, apologizing for something that wasn't in my control.

He chuckles lightly and pulls me closer. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault, princess." I listen to his words, pulling my thumb in my mouth and sucking on it. It was my coping mechanism and I almost had my worst fear, drowning, come true, so sue me. I wince at the taste of chlorine but get over it as I play with Jason's shirt fabric. "So innocent..." He tsks, caressing my face and pushing my wet hair behind my ear. "You know.. I can't go a day without seeing your precious beautiful face?... I just feel weak and dead inside." He says adoringly and I stare up at him with my full attention, still sucking away on my thumb.

"I know what you're thinking.. How could Jason McCann, The Devil, love a stinker like me?" He teases, tickling my sides lightly as I squeal, trying to squirm away while giggling. His eyes light up at the sound. "There it is." He coos, caressing my cheek bone . "There's that beautiful laugh that I live for." I smile around my thumb and blush. He then playfully glares. "Get that thumb out of your mouth." He playfully growls, trying to pull it out. I growl back and shake my head. "B-but I want to kiss your wittle sweet lips." He pouts and I immediately yank my thumb out, closing my eyes, and puckering my lips, waiting for his perfect lips to collide with mine. Okay, I may be a little desperate but, hey, we are talking about Jason's lips here! They are like a pair of perfect drugs. His lips and his perfect hands work together to pull me in deeper into his clutches with every kiss and caress.

I hear a amused chuckle before several baby pecks are placed on my lips and face. I whine as this continues for a few seconds, wanting him to stop teasing. "N-no tease." I whimper and he smiles, against my skin before colliding our lips. I wrap my arms around his neck as a baby moan escapes my lips and a louder one escapes his. "I wove my wittle baby." He coos, making fun of my innocent talking while still kissing me. I smile back. "I wove you too!" I say before we both continue to drink each other in.