Chapter 12

Juliet's POV

My eyes slowly flutter open and a massive wave of pain overcomes me when I am fully aware of my surroundings. I was in a hospital room with casts on my left arm and leg. Seeing a movement in the corner of my eye, I look over and see Jason's sleeping form, looking uncomfortable, curled up in a ball on a chair right next to the bed. I almost burst into tears at the sight of him, gripping onto my right hand like I would disappear. I slowly pull my hand away from him, disgusted by his presence for once. How dare he touch me after beating me half to death. He mumbles in his sleep and grips onto the bed sheet to replace my hand

I tried not to acknowledge the black and blue bruises that covered my skin but the pain was too much. A sob broke through my lips and I quickly covered my mouth, not wanting Jason to wake up. Suddenly a small grey haired nurse came in and gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'm so sorry about what happened to you. Muggers are just everywhere nowadays." She said, changing my fluid bag. Muggers? Jason must have lied and told her I got mugged. Fury raged inside of me but I just weakly smiled at her. "T-Thank you, Ma'am." I say, my voice cracking from lack of using it. "Would you like some water?" She asks nicely. I nod and she pours me a glass from her little cart. I quickly drink it and sigh in relief as my sore dry throat goes away.

"There are some nice people waiting for you. Would you like me to send them in?" she asks and I nod instantly. "I want my daddy!" I beg pathetically and she smiles in pity. "Okay, honey. I'll get your daddy." A few minutes later, my dad and mom barge in and he practically tackles me, tears pouring down his face. "Oh babygirl! You're all broken. My princess is all broken" He sobs, caressing my bruised and beaten face. "Kitten, she's broken!" He cries to my mom, who was sobbing herself. Suddenly the tears stop and he growls, his teeth elongating and eyes turning pitch black. "Tell me who the fucker was. What did he look like?" He hisses. His angry eyes cause flashbacks of Jason hitting me to fill my brain and I shriek. "No! Don't hit me, please! I'm a good girl." I yelp, covering my face with my blanket.

Jason wakes up at all the ruckus and his sleepy eyes fill with happiness when he sees me awake but fill with guilt and regret when he sees me crying. "Hit you? Babygirl, I would never hurt you." My dad coos, in shock. "That's what he said!" I sob harder. "WHO?" Daddy barks and I jump, pointing an accusing finger at my one and only love, Jason McCann. My dad's turn black in absolute fury. "YOU BEAT MY DAUGHTER?" He growls at Jason, whose jaw drops. "I-I d-didn't mean t-t-." He stammers but is cut off by my dad's fist connecting with his eye.

He groans in pain but takes the hits as my dad tackles him to the floor, punching his face repeatedly. "You bastard! You think you can hit my princess? I'll show you how it feels to be hit, you motherfucker." Dad barks, hitting him even harder. My mom looks as shocked as me. "Daddy! Get off of him!" I scream and my dad stills. "Don't be like him, daddy." I coo, earning a hurt look from Jason. My dad stands but kicks him once more before walking over to my mom and burying his face in her neck.

Jason writhes in pain on the ground as I just stare at him. "We are taking Juliet to the Alien Council and getting your mate bond taken away." My Dad says and Jason gasps in physical and emotional pain. His eyes water and black tears come streaming down his perfect face. "N-No! You can't take her from me! I love her. P-please!" He begs, getting on his knees. "I'm sorry, Jason." My dad says. Broken sobs fill the room as Jason McCann completely breaks down for the first time. "NO. YOU CAN'T TAKE HER FROM ME. SHE'S MINE. I LOVE HER." He screams, racing over to me and cradling me in his arms. He buries his face in my neck and sobs. I squirm but let him touch me. Even though he abused me, the mate bond sent tingles through my whole body. "I-i'm so sorry, little one." Jason cries, pulling back and caressing my bruises. I whimper in pain as he touches a tender bruise and my dad pulls him back. He immediately runs back though and latches onto me again.

"We will give you a few minutes to say your goodbyes." Dad smiles sadly at the scene and pulls my mother and him out of the room. "D-don't let them take you, kitty. I love you. I'm so s-sorry! P-please! We are supposed to be forever, remember?" He begs, looking deep in my eyes. I sigh sadly and caress his cheek. "I-"