Chapter 40

Jason's POV

I look out of the corner of my reading glasses and watch as Juliet hums to herself as she plays with her dolls on the rug in my office. The two dolls were about to get married so she was humming the "Wedding Hymn" as she walked the bride to the groom at the alter. I set down my book, "Great Battles and Quotes made by Absidian Generals", and walk over to her.

I sit cross legged next to her and she smiles up at me. "Jay Jay! You just made it! Julie and Jace are about to get married!" She squeals and I have to hide my smile at how similar the names are. "I know. I wouldn't miss it for the world!" I say, pulling her into my lap and petting her hair. "Here. You be Jace and I'll be Julie." She hands me the male doll before squirming out of my lap. I nod and stand my doll at the "alter". I am a grown man and I'm sitting on the ground in a very expensive suit and playing with dolls... Okay then. If it makes Juliet smile and I get to hear her sweet melodic giggle, then I'm game. But for my inner pride and manhood, I'm going to call mine an action figure but he's just on his day off and his supersuit is at the cleaners.

Juliet's sweet, slightly high-pitched, and babylike voice starts humming again as she walks her doll down the fabric of one of my red ties, AKA "The Aisle". The Alter was just three empty toilet paper rolls, two standing up and one laid across the top of them. I chuckle lightly to myself, but shut up when I receive a cute threatening (not really) glare from my princess. Looking around, I see small empty doll chairs around the "aisle" and gasp jokingly. "Wait..No one came to our wedding? This is an outrage!" I say. Juliet gasps for real and places her small hand over her mouth. "Oh no! I forgot to invite Mr. Bear and Teddy!" She yelps, jumping up and running out the door to our room. As she does, her dress flies up a little and I get a glimpse of her frilly Tinkerbell panties. I chuckle and look down. My little cutiepie.

I look down at the male doll and scan his suit. "Pfft, I would never wear this. It just looks cheap." I murmur to myself about to fix the sleeve of the doll suit but stop myself. "I am a man." I repeat, setting it down and waiting for Juliet to come back. I check a few important emails on my phone then put it back in my pocket. I'm going to try and take my mind off work for a couple hours.

She soon skips back in, arms full with stuffed animals and dolls. She places them in order with Teddy and Mr. Bear as the Guests of Honor. I had won Teddy at the fair for her on one of our first dates and I bought her Mr. Bear the day we first met, so they are both pretty special to her.

When Juliet is about to start over, I cut her off..again. "Wait!" I yell and she groans. "What?!" she asks, putting her hands on her hips sassily yet adorably. "Do we get cake after this? I mean, there has to be a reception. It's a wedding, for goodness sake's." I say. She looks thoughtful and nods. "I made a pie this morning so we can just eat that." she shrugs and I nod happily, inwardly doing a happy dance. Yay, pie! I love pie...

After another long humming session, the two dolls finally meet at the alter. "Now you may say your vows." Juliet says in a deep manly voice, I guess trying to be the preacher. I laugh under my breath at her adorableness. "Jay Jay, you start." Juliet whispers over to me and I nod laughing. I clear my throat and become serious before dropping my doll and grabbing Juliet's hand, looking deep in her eyes.

"I, Jason Andrew McCann, take thee, Juliet Rayne Bieber, to be my wedded wife and mate, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part... I will always be there and take care of you, little one. You're my world...We're forever, baby." I whisper our famous saying, watching as her eyes tear up a little with inky black tears. Bet she didn't expect that. Well I didn't really either. I just did what felt right.

She sniffles and smiles shyly. "I, Juliet Rayne Bieber, take thee, Jason Andrew McCann, to be my wedded husband and mate, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part..I'll alway lean on you and look up to you for guidance. You're my everything. We're forever, Jay Jay." She whispers back and I can tell my eyes are glimmering with happiness.

"You may now kiss the bride." I whisper in a deeper voice before smiling and wiping her tears. I caress her cheek before bringing her in for a soul searing passionate kiss, lightly pushing her to the ground and laying on top of her to make it deeper. I can't wait for this to be real.