Chapter 28

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING. DO NOT READ IF YOU THINK THIS WILL AFFECT YOU IN ANY WAY. THIS IS MY ONLY WARNING.

Juliet's POV

I stand at the big open window in our room, staring into the dark abyss that is night. The moonlight casts a small light into the room, which is dark except for the few lit candles spread around. The darkness is exactly how I feel. I feel alone, sad, and empty. All of my energy is drained. I'm done. I'm done being second to everyone. I'm done being screwed over like I have no feelings, when really I'm one of the most sensitive people.

My heart aches. It aches so badly, like it has been torn out and stomped upon like it was useless and nothing. I realized something downstairs. I realized that Jason really doesn't love me. I mean who would? I'm weak, sensitive, a crybaby, useless, worthless. I have no backbone. I am nothing. I understand if he hates me because I hate me too...

I walk over to the bathroom like something is controlling me. I have no control over my body. I walk over to the bathtub and start filling it up with warm water. I then see Jason's razor laying on the counter. Grabbing it, I throw it at the wall then stomp on it to make it break. I smile in dark satisfaction as I pull the sharp razor blade out, twirling it in my fingers. The tears fall rapidly down my face making a small black puddle appear on the white marble flooring. It doesn't matter if I die. Jason can find a new mate. What some people don't know is that after your mate dies, you can go to the Council and get the bond removed so they don't die as well. Most mates don't do this because they don't want to live without their mate, bond or not. They would rather die and be with them spiritually. I'm sure Jason will have no problem though.

I take the razor and place it to my wrist before making a deep long cut. I do the same to the other. I gasp then start shakily laughing, watching in amazement at how the blood flows so fast down my wrists and drips off my fingers to the cold marble flooring. I giggle as the blood stains my long white night gown, making streaks and messy handprints down it. Turning, I walk over to the tub and get in it, still clothed in my gown. I lay back and take a shaky labored breath as I start feeling the effects of my blood draining and the life leaving my body.

I become lightheaded and drop the razor to the floor. My arms hangs off the side of the tub and I watch the blood drip as if everything was in slow motion. As my breath becomes more and more labored, I laugh sadly yet breathlessly. This was it. I was going to die alone in my bathroom as my blood pours out of my wrists. My vision starts to fade in and out. "J-jason." I whisper shakily as I take my last breath. The door busting over doesn't even startle me as I welcome the darkness. I smile as I do just that.