Chapter 18 Part 3

{Demi's POV}

A couple days go by and I've just been in a slump. I have gone to the studio at all. I don't feel like going. Nothing feels right at the moment. I'm laying in my bed, watching TV and the door opens. "Demi..." Sounds like Dallas. I look and it's her. She sits next to me on the bed and I turn over. "Demi! Come on. You need to get up." "No I don't." I mumble into the pillow. "Yes you do. Stop drowning in your misery. We all make mistakes...just gotta learn from them." "Yeah but I can't just move on from this. You didn't see the way he looked at me. It was like I disgusted him. And I probably did. I just need him to forgive me." I say facing her. "I understand that, but you have to give him time." "How come you aren't rubbing this in my face?" "..because, I'm not that mean and you're hurting too, it'll only make it worse. But come on. The draft is about to start and you might miss it." "Do I have to?" "Yes. Dad said that we have to watch, cause there's no guarantee which day they're gonna pick him." "Fine." I get up and brush my teeth and stuff. I keep my pajamas on, grab my blanket and head next door. We watch and he didn't get drafted today. But there are 2 other rounds or 2 other days left. The next day we're all back in the family room watching the draft. We go through the first 3 picks. The announcer says.."with the 36th over all pick, in the 2nd round of the 2011 NFL draft...the San Fransico 49rs select..Colin Kaepernick..University of Nevada." My dad is a little too happy about this. I smile as I see him give him mom, dad, brother and sister a hug. He walks on the stage and takes a picture with the jersey. Now there's no reason for me to watch anymore. I decide to send him a text. "Congratulations. We all watched. I just wanna wish you the best of luck with your football career...I really do love you Colin Rand Kaepernick." "Thank you. Tell your family thanks for watching and supporting. It means a lot. I still got your dad on the season tickets." "Okay. I know he's gonna appreciate that." "Cool."