Chapter 15 Part 4

A couple weeks have gone by and I only get to talk to Colin probably once a day and that's before I go to bed. Whenever I'm busy he's not, when I'm not busy he is...and we always end up playing phone tag with each other, and it gets annoying so we've decided just to talk to each other before bed, and those conversations usually last for a one to two hours and end up with one of us falling asleep on each other. I'm in the studio now, and Trey is suppose to be coming and we're gonna write a couple songs together. I've actually been waiting for this for this. I'm excited for it. About 30 minutes later he shows up, I introduce him to the producers that I'm working with and we get started. I could honestly listen to his voice all day. "Guys can we take like a 10 minute break?" I say. The producers walk out. Trey walks out of the booth. "This song is coming along great so far." "Yeah it is...you're very beautiful, you know that?" I look down and smile. "Thank you." "So I gotta ask...you have a man?" I hesitate and say. "Yeah. I do." "Why the hesitation?" "No reason. But we're not exclusive or anything. Obviously. It's not being talked about." "Where is he?" "Some football camp.." "Football camp? Damn, the boy still in high school?" "NO! He's in Atlanta preparing for the NFL draft." "Ohhh. What's his name?" "Colin..Kaepernick." "...never heard of him. What school did he go to?" "University of Nevada..." "And that's probably why. Not really a major school." "Yeah but that doesn't mean he isn't good." "I'm sure he is...but lets get off your boyfriend, and lets talk about this YouTube video I saw a while back." And I know the exact one he's talking about. "Oh god. I didn't think you'd see it." He laughs. "Yeah I saw. That's how I knew who you were, and that's really why I wanted to collaborate. You really do have an amazing voice." "Thank you." He looks at me and smiles. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask. "Cause you're beautiful." He says then leans in for a kiss, and I start to lean in but pull back because I hear the door open.