Interview With @FallTwinklingLights - The Pale Boy

1.What is your book called?

The Pale Boy.

2.What is your book about?

This book follows the journey of Annabelle, a girl caught up in a world which she knows little of. She's an outsider, yet she's content with that. Or, she's figuring out she was. With moving to a new town she meets Hale, a strangely odd guy who doesn't have friends-but by all means, with his looks he should. They form a peculiar relationship through a school project. The man with the all-knowing eyes opens her up to the world and without knowing it, she opens him up too. He shows her through her problems and she, well, she's his friend, and maybe something more.

3.What genre is your book?

Romance and Teen Fiction

4.Is your book a series?

No, but I have ideas for a sequel if all goes well.

5.Is your book complete?

Not yet, but it's going by faster than I would have thought!

6.What gave you the idea for your book?

Honestly, I've had the basis for this book for five years. It's been ripening for quite a while. What I began with is completely different than what it is now-it's much better!

7.What do you do if you have writers block?

Music! Music is so inspiring! Recently, I had writer's block. I hadn't been directly searching for creativity; however, I began watching a cartoon superhero show with my brother and got a ton of ideas! I was so surprised. So, it looks like anything helps with writers block.

8.Do you have any goals for your book?

I don't have any specific goals. Mostly I want people to read, vote and most of all, comment! If I received critiquing comments than I would be content.

9.Do you have a favourite character? If so who and why?

I really like both of my main characters, Annabelle and Hale. Mrs. Esther though (she'll be making a more prominent appearance later on) makes me smile constantly. She is the perfect idea of a grandma-the kind you bake hundreds of chocolate chip cookies with! She really helps everyone she comes across, even if it is simply by showing concern or giving a smile. I wish I knew more people like her.

10.Are you happy with your book?

To a point. Right now I am decently putting down ideas, when I go back I'll tweak it a lot more. There are little discrepancies I don't care for. BUT, I like that it is not the cliché love story. It is not the good girl falling for the bad boy-it's awkward. She has trouble falling for Hale and losing control of herself. She's struggling to follow through on what she truly wants. She's having trouble fitting in when all she wants is to stop being lonely. It's a different type of story, meant to realistically show the problems of the people forgotten-the outside group.

11.What has been the best compliment you have received about your book?

The lovely @makayla_caldwell said my book was phenomenal and it instantly drew her in. It had me grinning all day.

12.Why should people read your book?

It's different! I try to stray from clichés as much as possible so it is something new. Hale is a drool worthy character-he's protective yet teasing and of course, very cute. He's the type of person that is unconsciously always making you a better person. He is a quiet one too, very mature. It takes a while to get to know this though; he has a pretty solid wall to most. I think many people will find themselves in Annabelle as well. Really, it's just an adorably awkward love story!

13.Any last words?

It would be so great if anyone could read my story. It's well-written and very descriptive, I like to update every week. The story is cute, one that people will enjoy. It's not far-fetched or unrealistically drama filled-but original. Thanks for reading!