Distractions.

"Let me get this straight, you need Alec's stele to open the safe and you want me to steal it from him?" Magnus asks us, looking weirdly at us.

We invited him over to the institute cause we needed his help with the plan. A week ago I would get weird over him being here but judging from the fact that Lydia is marrying Alec I guess I have no reason to be jealous, at least not of him.

"Lets use the word borrow." Jace corrects him and the warlock gives him a pointed look.

"No, I can't." He finally answers and we all let a groan.

In the first place I was totally against the whole plan too. I really didn't want to add lying in the list of things Alec hates me for. I see this as a way of betraying him and believe me this is the last thing that I want to do. But Jace and Isabelle are right, Alec can no longer see clearly. I don't know what has gotten over him but since everything that happened between us and with his parents being at the circle he seems to be a little bit out of balance and keeps on making the wrong decisions.

"Look Magnus, I understand why you don't want to be part of what we are planning, I do. But just think for a moment the situation we are in. Alec has completely lost it the past few days and innocent people are now going to pay the consequences." I try to convince the warlock, who looks at me with a thoughtful look, not entirely understanding my point.

"Except, think of the other side of the story too.If the clave is willing to subject meliorn, if they are willing to get this far what do you think happens when they get the cup? This affects everyone." Jace supports me and his statement seem to wake Magnus up a little bit now that he understands that his own people are in danger.

"Help us stop this." Finishes the speech Isabelle with a pleading look attempting to take a hold of Magnus' hand.

The man lets out a sigh of defeat before nodding to us.

"You are going to owe me." He announces and we all visibly relax now that he has agreed to help us. "I need someone to distract him or he will realize it." He points out and I kid you not, in a matter of seconds the whole group has turned their heads and is now looking at me.

Understanding what they are implying with their stares I widen my eyes and shake my head.

"No fucking way." I growl at them but they wave me off.

Jace places his hand on my shoulder forcing me to look at him.

For a moment I freeze and my heart tightens but I remind myself that it's just Jace and he wouldn't hurt me so after a moment I relax at his touch.

"You are the only one who stands a chance. You have this effect on him, when you are there he points all his attention to you." He reasons with me but I take a step back, causing his hand to fall.

"No, he hates me, and I think I kinda do too right now so this is the worst idea ever." I state sternly but Isabelle laughs.

"You don't hate him and he definitely doesn't hate you. You couldn't hate each other if you tried. Now get your ass over there and let Magnus do his job." She pushes my back urging me towards the direction of his office but I protest placing my feet stubbornly on the ground.

"I don't even know what to do." I cry but no one is listening to me anymore.

^^^^^^

"Why did I let you make me do this?!" I exclaim panicked as I am now standing outside Alec's door.

Magnus rolls his eyes from beside me. "You will be just fine my dear." He tries to clam me down but I shake my head to show him that he is completely wrong.