New generation of shadowhunters.

"Sky." Adam greets me from afar and I run straight into his arms.

I really need my brother right now, now that everything is falling apart.

"How are you?" He whispers while caressing my arm and I sigh in response. When after a long second I don't answer he frowns.

"Promise me that if it all gets too much you will just leave, no matter what is happening, and will try and stay out of every stressing situation for a while. Your health is more important than anything else." He orders me and I nod , attempting to give him a small smile.

"Don't worry about it." Its the only thing I say because I can't promise him that.

I can't ignore everything happening around us, especially not now. I'll be fine. I always am.

Turning around I notice Jace hugging Clary tightly, his face pressed against her shoulder and I can't help but smile at the image of them. When they pull apart Clary comes to greet me but she stops mid track and takes a long stare at me.

"Are you okay?" She ask worriedly and I only have time to nod before Isabelle cuts in the conversation, clearly frustrated.

"Can we please concentrate on the matter at hand?" She cries and we all turn around and give all our attention to her. "Unless no one here cares that the clave is planning on murdering meliorn." She presses the matter and I hear a gasp escaping Clary's mouth.

"What?" Demands Adam surprised by the new information. Simon nods along with him and looks at us weirdly.

"Yeah, what's that about?" He questions worried and I smile seeing that the boy is doing okay, or at least how okay he can be right now.

"They think he knows more about Valentine and the attack than he says. They are taking him to the silent brothers." Jace explains the situation to the trio who are now looking at us with expressions of worry and disgust.

He leaves out the details about Lydia and Alec and how he has lost his mind, and after everything that took place in his office today I can't even bring myself to explain any of it.

Clary immediately takes a step forward with her hands in fists.

"We have to stop them!" She yells and there are hums of agreement coming from Adam and Simon. Jace gives her a serious look and touches her shoulder to calm her down.

"That's the plan Clary. Rescue and recovery. We get him from the guards, in and out, no one gets hurt." He announces the plan making it sound way more easy than it is.

It's not that simple since we will have to face a whole team of trained shadowhunters, who's job is to move criminals around, while our team consists of only two fully capable shadowhunters, three more who are new to this, me included and I suck, and a newbie vampire who went rogue only minutes ago. Yep, we will end up dead.

Clary seems to understand that we don't stand a chance too, since her eyes widen and looks at Jace like he is crazy. "You want us to go against the silent brothers and an elite guard unit shadowhunter. Without any back up?" Her voice is high pitched, showing her discomfort and fear but Jace simply shrugs his shoulders at her. "Pretty much sums it up."

"Why do I have the feeling that Clary is the only sane person among us, who understands that the plan is a failure and we will die?" I ask panicky and Adam nods at my words.

" Add me to the list." He says but Isabelle isn't having any of it.

"No, we have to save Meliorn, you won't chicken out. We have this." She announces leaving no place for protest.