I'm in love with you.

"W-what is he doing here?" I stutter, unable to hide my discomfort and panic. My eyes are still locked on the image of Alec guiding the guards and Meliorn to the city of bones.

What the hell is he thinking about?

"Oh, no." I hear Clary mutter beside me and I turn around and see her looking to where I was looking only seconds ago.

Jace gives us a weird and worried look, oblivious to what me and the redhead have been freaking out about since he hasn't activated his rune yet. When he runs his stele on it, he looks at the space were Alec is standing and freezes.

"Damn it. Lydia must have send him." He guesses and I nod along with him when Clary sighs.

"Who is Lydia again?" She asks reminding me that the redhead didn't have the pleasure of meeting the blonde since she has been away ever since Simon got in trouble. And Simon is always in trouble.

"Alec's future wife, that I told you about." I explain and she nods shaking her head. "I have to finally meet this woman."

She then turns to look at Jace who has his eyes still fixated on the image in front of us. She then looks at me again and I give her back a panicked look, letting her know that my stomach is twitching and I have a hard time keeping myself from falling to the ground.

I mean, Alec...he is going to hate me. If he sees us...

"Guys," Clary starts, earning all the attention. "Just say the word and we'll call the whole thing off." She gently says while moving her arm to rest on Jace's shoulder.

"No, there is no turning back now." Jace argues and as much I would love to go home and burry myself under my covers, not having to go through this, I know that he is right.

We managed to persuade the wolves and the vampires to cooperate, we united the downworlders with the shadowhunters. We did what our ancestors couldn't. Now, we have to fight in order to prove them that they took the right decision, in order to make them trust us.

"Follow my lead." Jace speaks up and we give each other a last doubtful look before we make our way towards Alec.

As soon as we reach him along with Meliorn, it seems like the others managed the guards, Jace calls out his name. He turns to look at the blond and then Clary that has moved and is now right in front of him with me on her side.

"You told me you were taking Clary back to the institute, you lied to me." He accuses his parabatai raising his voice, while he takes threatening steps towards him.

"I did what needed to be done." Jace replies nonchalantly but from the tone of his voice I understand that he is getting angry.

Alec looks around trying to find a way to leave but notices that Clary is standing in front of him, Jace on the other side and now I am at the door blocking his exit. His eyes stay on me for a moment too long before he lowers his head, letting out a bitter laugh.

"Alec, the clave has gone to far." Clary tries to reason with him as she takes several steps back allowing Jace to come and stand beside her, "you have to realize that. Please, let Meliorn go." She pleads the older boy but he stares at her with a blank expression on his face.

"I have my orders."

"Of course, you have your orders!" I finally exclaim being extremely fed up with the boy's behavior. "That's the excuse for everything lately right? Maybe you should concentrate more on the fact that you are trying covering the murder of an innocent person with the idea of having orders, because that makes you feel better, like it wasn't your fault. " I finish my rant and watch as Alec's shoulders tense and his face is red with anger.