My chemistry teacher is an interesting lady.

I am heading towards my room, when a little boy stops me in the middle of the corridor.

"You are Sky right?" The boy ,who I recognize to be Alec's and Isabelle's younger brother, asks me.

"The one and only." I smirk making the small boy chuckle. "And you are Max if I remember correctly. We've met before." I kneel next to him in order to be able to look at him straight in the face.

He gives me a nod looking back at me. "Yes I remember. You are the one that called Alec a sunshine." I widen my eyes, letting out a giggle.

"Oh my god, I had totally left that behind, thanks for reminding me. "

I am totally gonna bombard Alec with the nickname at every chance I've got.

Max shakes his head at me and studies me carefully.

"Doesn't Alec get, like, bothered when you call him that?" He asks surprised, clearly accustomed to his brothers grumpiness.

"Yeah, well that's what makes it better." I whisper winking at him and he gives me another one of his sweet smiles causing me to give one in return.

"Alec's right. You are always looking for trouble." He concludes with a giggle and my smile grows wider.

"What did you do?" I hear the voice of Alec from behind my back laced with amusement and maybe some concern.

I turn to face the older Lightwood rolling my eyes at his accusation.

"Relax sunshine I didn't do anything. Your brother here just finds my definition of fun a bit...trouble seeking." I gesture to Max behind me who nods at my words.

"Well, he isn't exactly wrong." Alec points out, not even bothering complaining about the nickname anymore and I raise my eyebrows trying to look offended.

"I don't go looking for trouble, but I do enjoy befriending it I must admit." I give in causing the small Lightwood to laugh and the older one to look at me with a pointed look. "Oh and by the way, your brother is way better company than you." I add and turn around to hi five the young cheeky boy.

It's true, I really enjoyed having a conversation with Max, probably more than most of the people I'm forced to have conversations with on a daily basis. Okay maybe not over Alec, but still close enough. Not that I would ever admit that to him. He really doesn't need an arrogance boost.

"Hey Alec," starts max before Alec had the chance to comment on my statement. "You think you can get my stele back?" He asks with an eager expression on his boyish features.

"They took it away because you nearly burnt the Mumbai institute." Alec's tone had become more gentle as he speaks to his younger brother causing my heart to clench in my chest.

"How many times do I have to say it was an accident?" The boy exclaims clearly frustrated with the situation and I smile at him.

"Look, Max somebody really important is coming to visit." Alec reveals and I turn to look at him confused having no idea who he's talking about.

He catches on my stare and gives me a sign with his head as to signify that he'll tell me later and continues talking to his brother.

" you think you can stay out of trouble for just a couple of days? if you do I promise I'll get your stele back." He tried to reason with Max but the boy only has time to give a small nod before the doors of the institute fly open.

Snapping towards the direction of the opened doors I notice a figure of a man who has entered the institute. Not a second afterwards I understand that the familiar face before me belongs to no other than Valentine.