Sky...

I am running down a dark corridor, turn to various different alleys but I can't seem to manage to get to where the screams are coming from. I can hear them, piercing my ears, echoing on the old, piled off walls.

I can't understand where they are coming from.

They seem to come from everywhere.

Fear creeps into my heart and I feel my lungs closing in. I don't stop running though.

Finally I reach the end of the hallway.

I stop, freezing in to place as I rest my eyes on the image in front of me.

In the middle of the room, inside what seems like a prison cage is my mother. She is beaten up, there is blood running from her cheek all the way down her neck and it stains her white shirt. When she lays her eyes on me they widen in surprise.

"Sky! Sky please help me get out of here."

When I try to reach for her she suddenly disappears.

I stay looking at the place where she was only seconds ago.

I blink twice but she still isn't there.

Confused I shake my head and run a hand through my hair.

"Sky!" Another voice yells, I recognize it immediately.

It's May.

I turn around and find her laying there in the middle of the floor, blood is dripping but I can't understand where it's coming from. I can't find a wound. It's just there all over her, all over her dark hair and soft skin and short dress.

Paralyzed I stay looking at the image in front of me, differing so much from what my sister used to be like.

The urge to vomit hits my stomach and I move my hand on it, trying to relax myself.

Before my eyes, her body starts shaking furiously and a moment later it's gone.

I turn my eyes frantically around the room trying to find a way to get out but the corridor I came in from is not there anymore. It's just a confined space with no door or windows. I feel the oxygen becoming less and less as my every breath is smaller and harder than the one before.

Suddenly a body falls at my feet and I jump back, placing myself on the wall. I can hear a loud scream piercing the air and it takes me long to realize that it's coming from me. I look at the body while panting furiously, my eyes filled with tears.

At first I can't make out the person laying at me feet but when I do it seems like the world stops for a moment.

Adam.

Adam is laying down at the cold floor with his eyes closed, with an almost peaceful expression stretched on his face.

Panic settles within me and I move to the body to see if he's breathing. When I finally hear him suck in a breath I relax visibly and shake him with all my will.

Suddenly his eyes pop open and he starts spitting blood all over himself. Terrified I jump back and leave out a cry as I see him sputtering on the floor. He grabs my wrist with force , causing my heart to stop beating for a second, before continuing it's beating, forcefully into my rib cage. He seems like he is trying to ask for help but the blood on my lap and hands and all over him make it harder for me to concentrate.

Suddenly, the grasp at my wrists disappears and his body does too.

I look around confused, thinking that all of this is a twisted game of my imagination but I am still filled with blood.

My brothers blood.

I don't know for how long I stay looking at it.

I don't.

But all of a sudden someone laughs coldly behind me. At the sound of this laugh a shiver goes up my spine making me stick my eyes to the ground terrified.

"Well, well, well..." the voice rings in my ears and the room has started reeking of alcohol and smoke.

I feel like I'm suffocating with every breath I take.

I try to not lift my gaze from my blooded hands, to not turn to look at him. He comes closer, and when he speaks up again I can feel his hot breath on my cheek.

"Sweetheart, it's me, your daddy." He says and I shut my eyes tightly, while shaking violently.

I can hear movement in the room but I refuse to open my eyes.

It's going to be fine. You are safe. It's okay.

I repeat this words again and again but they sound like lies even to myself.

I can hear panting coming from in front of me and I freeze and stop whimpering. This doesn't sound like it's coming from my father.

The breaths come sharper and faster and I suddenly know very well who they belong too. I would recognize anything about him in an instant, even the rhythm of his breaths.

Without thinking it I open my eyes and the sight that unravels in front of me is enough to make my heart sink in my chest and die.

My father is wearing an evil grin on his face, he looks like he is enjoying this. His right hand holds a knife which is pressed to someone's neck. His other hand is holding the person tightly.

Alec.

His green eyes look straight at my grey ones like he is pleading me to do something, to help him.

Pain shoots all over my body, I feel like meteor collapsed inside of me. Like my heart is pressed on a piece of glass.

"Please..." I whisper, desperate for my father to leave Alec. He is panting like crazy and whispers my name all over again, it's like a cry, like a plead.

"You couldn't save the others, and now you can't save him." My father grins maniacally at me with a glint in his eyes.

Before I have the time to react he moves the knife and slices Alec's throat.

"No!" I yell as Alec's body falls to the ground and I run towards it , crunching down beside it.

There is blood everywhere, so much blood.

A sob ripples through my body and my throat and tears are straining my cheeks.

"No, no please!" I yell in frustration, pressing my hand on Alec's wound trying to make the blood stop.

But it's too late.

His eyes are wide open and dead. There is fear still reflecting in them and I watch as a single tear falls down his cheek.

I move my eyes from his body to look around the room and I find May, my mom and Adam laying on the ground too, no one is breathing. No ones heart is beating anymore.

I quietly stand up, feeling dizzy and disorientated. I notice that my father is no longer in the room.

I look down at my hands filled with crimson red liquid and my clothes dripping with blood. I look at the scattered bodies and anger and pain built inside me.

I scream.

I scream so loudly that I can feel my throat burning and my ears buzzing but I don't stop.

I don't stop because I'm trying to cover their voices.

They all say the same thing.

They all say the same thing, terrified, helpless, begging for help.

Help I couldn't offer to them.

"Sky, Sky, Sky, Sky..."

"Sky, Sky, wake up please, Sky!"