Memories

When I finally wake up in the morning I find myself tangled between the sheets on the edge of the bed.

I slowly start to remember the events of last night and a smile creeps in on my face.

Alec must have woken up earlier and left, or he didn't stay at all and just left after I fell asleep.

And for a strange reason I silently pray for the first option.

I decide to stay a bit in bed and just enjoy the last moments of happiness of today before I'll have to get up and deal with my life.

Unfortunately my plan quickly fails, judging by the nock on my door not even a minute later. The person outside doesn't wait for an answer before barging into the room.

  "You're still sleeping?" I don't see Alec but I only hear his voice since I am laying with my head facing the pillow. "Cmon we've gotta move." I groan and dig my head under the pillow refusing to make the slightest move. I hear a sigh coming from Alec. "Okay, but remember you brought this to yourself." He says and before I have the time to consider the meaning of these words a hand grabs my foot pulling me down, and I fall on the ground.

  "What the heck?" I murmur laying now on the floor with my head pressed on the cold ground aware of my heart banging in my chest, the sound of it reaching my ears.

"For fucks shake sky get up, we have things to do. The others are waiting." Alec insists causing me to sigh.

"I hate life." I groan but I get up anyway. "And by the way this is not a way to treat a lady." I say looking at the older boy with my eyebrows raised, now on my feet.

He gives me a sarcastic smile. "Well let me know if you find one." He remarks causing me to turn the other way and give him the middle finger over my back as I head to the bathroom.

^^^^

When I go down to find the others, they are all gathered at the foyer sitting around a table. There seems to be a disagreement judging by the look on their faces and their movements. When I approach them the conversation stops and everyone turns to look at me.

"Well good morning." I say sitting there awkwardly since everyone's gaze was on me. "Um...will you like, continue to look at me like I grew another head or...?"

The group snaps out of its daze and Jace is the first one to talk. "Good morning." He starts. "We would like your opinion on something." He says only to be interrupted by my brother.

"No, we don't need your opinion cause there is not even discussing it." Completely lost I'm ready to speak up but Isabelle beats me to it.

"We should at least ask her if she wants to."

But my brother isn't taking any of this since he stops her. "She doesn't."

"Hey!" I snap at them, "can someone explain me what the fuck are you talking about? Do I want to do what?"

Now they look at me with guilty expressions, no one making the move to talk. I look at my brother but he doesn't budge, so I turn to Alec. "Well?" I insist and he sighs.

"We were thinking of going to your house...to search for any trace of the cup. After the box we found in Clary's apartment we think it could be possible that there's something at yours too."

I stay looking at him for a moment before Adam breaks the silence. "I already told them no." He says and I think about it.

Do I wanna go? Like, I get it it could help, but that means not only being in this place again, but also searching through everything in there, and I don't know if I am completely positive with the idea of them seeing things they shouldn't.