She would be so proud of you.

I turn slowly towards the direction of the voice, so slowly that I'm not even sure I'm moving. I raise my eyes from the ground and look right at him.

He is just a boy Sky for fucks sake, pull yourself together.

But I can't. As I stand there taking in every single detail, from his hands,to his hair and eyes all I can think about is how much I want him.

I know that I have to say something eventually so I cough.

"I...I'm sorry I didn't come. Congratulations I guess..." I don't even try to sound believable there is no point to it. Tears are running freely down my cheeks and I don't even attempt to stop them.

He, on the other hand, he seems relaxed, almost relieved.

"Stop." He says shaking his head at me. "Just stop."

Before I have the time to question him on his weird behavior he takes several steps towards me but without quite reaching me.

"I couldn't do it Sky."

At first I can't process his words. He couldn't do it. He isn't married.

I feel like a huge invisible weight just lifted itself off me. I don't know what to say, I'm afraid that if I try to speak up I'll just end up crying some more.

"All I kept thinking about was you. You and your stupid sarcasm and your love for trouble and your witty remarks. Your laugh and your smile, god your smile...And just you."

My heart is beating like crazy and I need to pinch myself to realize that I'm not dreaming. I manage to let out a laugh through my tears and I take a breath before speaking.

"I'm so sorry, everything is my fault, I just felt..."

"Guilty." He interrupts me nodding his head. "I have been standing here a minute or two." He almost sounds apologetic but I don't care. I'm glad he knows.

We only stand there looking for each other for another short second before he finally takes some steps and covers the distance between us. He grabs me by the waist and before I even have time to think his lips cover mine. And I'm lost in him. In his soft lips and tough hands and his smell. I feel so full of him that my heart is ready to burst.

"Finally!" A voice exclaims from behind causing us to pull apart with great difficulty.

Even then our foreheads touch for a moment as we both breath heavily, laughing at each other. God, I haven't felt so happy in such a long time I am afraid I won't be able to take it.

"That's what I'm talking about man!" Jace's voice echoes in the hallway and we turn around towards him.

Next to him are Clary and Isabelle with huge smiles on their faces. I can't help but smile at them too as Jace moves to hug Alec.

"Took you long enough." In every other situation clary's comment would make Alec go insane but right now he just smiles and shakes his head at her.

God, his smile and the way his dimples form on the spot on his cheeks that has tinny freckles makes me weak at my knees.

Isabelle moves to Alec too but I don't have the time to hear what she has to say because a head adorned with red locks appears all of a sudden in front of me and Clary envelops me in the biggest hug I have ever gotten from someone.

"I'm so happy for you. You deserve this and so much more."

I hug her back tightly, wishing to let her know how much I appreciate her and her friendship since I'm not that good at expressing my emotions. But I think she knows.