The trial.

I watch around me as everyone is slowly taking his place on the court and I go along with Isabelle to the front where we are supposed to be sitting.

A lady emerges and takes her place in the middle of the room, to the judge's chair.

My eyes land on Magnus, who turned out to be our lawyer,  as he makes his way towards her , where one of the silent brothers is waiting for him along with a sword.

I swallow hard, trying to not let myself be intimidated by him and let fear creep in.

"Will I survive if I touch it?" Magnus questions with a humorous tone as he moves to touch the sword.

"If you tell the truth." The woman says with a stern look.

Magnus hands touch the sword who now shines with a bright red color.

"By the power of this sword, swear to defend your clients with integrity, honesty." The silent brother orders him and he shrugs casually.

"No argument from me on that." He takes a small look behind him before turning again to the front.

The judge sighs and waves her hand at him. "Make your case warlock. " she urges and Magnus just nods.

"My case is simple. It is true that Isabelle Lightwood and Sky Belcher acted against the orders of the clave by trying to free the seelie Meliorn." He starts, making me shift uncomfortably in my place by using my mother's name. "But they did not act against the interest of the clave. Preventing the forced questioning and the possible death of the seelie may have gave you points." He points out to the judge but she just rolls her eyes at him and sighs.

"We are not here to speculate what might have happened if they hadn't interfered." She says, looking at the warlock with squinted eyes.

"You mean what might have happened if they hadn't stopped the silent brothers from torturing a seelie." He corrects with a smug expression.

The judge however doesn't look pleased with his answer since she gives him a bored look. "I await a valid argument. Do you have one?" She Asks him and I swallow hard, trying to regulate my breaths.

Isabelle's hand finds mine and I give it a squeeze, letting her know that I appreciate the gesture.

"What you really want is the mortal cup and the power to control the institute. My clients don't have it. And Sky belcher certainly isn't looking to overthrow anyone. Since the whole proceeding isn't what it's really about, I move to have the case dismissed." He concludes.

There is a brief silence at the court, and I'm silently praying that the judge will back down but she just scoffs. "You are out of order." She accuses the warlock who doesn't seem that affected by her.

"This whole thing is out of order. It's not their fault, it's about the cup. Put the cup on trail." He snaps and moves back to his sit with no further words.

The anxiety building inside me is multiplied when I notice Lydia standing up. Anxiety and so many other emotions. Anger, frustration, sadness, confusion. I don't know what to think of the girl. I should hate her but I don't.

We are called to go to the stand and as we stand up I take a look of all the faces around us. Alec looks worried and his gaze is constantly moving from his sister to me and then back at her. Adam gives me an encouraging smile but I can still notice the rinkles that have formed on his forehead from the stress.

"You have led us to believe that you alone carried out this operation." She says and we confirm her words by nodding.  "Clary Fairchild was near the city of bones that day." She says and anger flares up inside me as she accuses the girl.