You are so wipped.

"Alec?" Sky's small voice breaks the silence.

"Mhm?" I mumble incoherently looking down at her.

"Do you think that we will find her? My mother I mean." I hadn't expect her to ask about this. It wasn't something usual for Sky to wonder about the problem with their mother.

"You don't?" I ask her confused. "We have a lead now. Heck , we have the cup. If there's something Valentine wants it's this. And he will be more than willing to hand over your mother in the hopes of getting it." I offer her presenting the plan to trick Valentine into believing we will hand him the mortal cup.

"Clary's mother had the cup." She reminds me. "If Valentine is aware of that my mom is no longer useful to him." She points out almost sounding worried.

"How can he be aware of that?" I try to reason with her but she keeps finding an argument.

"He seems to know everything before we even do. And I guess that he will have figured out after all these months with her that she doesn't have a clue where the cup is."
I shake my head at her not really seeing where she is getting with that.

"It is a possibility but I don't think Valentine would be so reckless as to believe any word coming from your mother. I mean he knows that she is a Belcher. He must know. He will definitely think that she possesses the cup."

Sky still looks unconvinced. "What if Clary's mother spoke?" She asks again causing me to sit straighter and make her look towards me.

"What are you trying to say?" I question her and she gives in her eyes filling with worry.

"I am trying to say that there's a high chance that he knows and my mom is no longer useful for him, and nothing is stopping him from..." her small runt comes to an end abruptly.

"Killing her?" I finish for her and she doesn't say anything just nods. "You are afraid?" I ask her ridiculously and she sighs.

"I know it has seemed like I hated her and I didn't care for whatever happened to her. But I realized that despite everything she is my mother. The same mother that used to sing me to sleep and come into my room to check for monsters under my bed, who braided my hair and wouldn't leave for work unless I had kissed her goodbye." She reminisce all these memories from her childhood with a sad smile tugging on her lips.
"And one of the only people I have left." She finishes off. "It may be late but after all that has been happening I understand it now." Regret is filling her eyes as she fidgets nervously with her hands.

The desperate look that she is giving me makes me want to make sure that I will bring myself her mother here.

"You won't lose her. I promise." I say but she shakes her head at me.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She scolds me and I sigh.

"Okay, how about that? I promise that I will do everything I can to bring your mother back. This one I can keep." I change my promise and earn a somewhat satisfied look from Sky and a small smile.

"Thank you." The sincerity rings clear in her voice and I nod. I open my mouth to say something when suddenly the door flies open and a new presence enters the room.

" Sorry to interrupt, our parents want to talk to us." Isabelle's loud voice rings through the room leaving me disappointed and a bit out of place.

"Hum, yeah, totally, I am coming." I reply her and she steps out the room.

Turning to Sky I notice a sad smile tugging on her lips. I stand up and she does to.

"Talk to you later." I lamely say waving her goodbye.

She chuckles at me and nods." See you around."

I turn around but her voice calling my name stops me dead in my tracks. "Thank you." She says approaching me, and before I have time to understand what is happening, I find myself enveloped in a hug from her. I move my own hands and hung them lossely around her waist.

"Anytime." I whisper and she detaches herself from me.

When I exit the room Isabelle is waiting for me with a goofy grin outside of the door.

"What was all that about?" She questions me while we make our way towards our parents office, with an unknown glint in her eyes.

"What?" I reply idiotically to which she shakes her head.

"Oh come on Alec, you know exactly what I am talking about. You looked really cozy over there." She winks at me causing me to turn a deep shade of red.

"Izzy!" I exclaim. "We weren't... it wasn't like that." I mumble under my breath.

"Well I'm sure that you would like it to be." She shamelessly replies wiggling her eyebrows at me making me grow even reder if that's possible.

"W-what? I-" I stumble upon my own words making my sister laugh.

"You are so wipped." She exclaims excited and my eyes widen.

"I am not wipped!" I complain but she just shakes her head.

"Oh, come on Alec it's me you are talking to. You look at her like she is a masterpiece or something. I wonder how she hasn't noticed." She adds at the end and my eyes almost bulge out my sockets.

"What? You think she will notice that?" I ask nervously waiting from an answer.

"Aha!" She yells making me jump. "I knew it! Someone has a crush." She smiles like she is a five year old who just saw santa on Christmas and I tell her to keep quiet anxiously eyeing the corridor.

"It's not a crush." I say through gritted teeth but she isn't having it.

"Yeah sure keep telling yourself that." I groan loudly at her and turn the other way.

"Shut up." I say looking in front of me refusing to do that with her.

"I think it's cute. I am really happy for you big brother." She continues either way and I keep denying everything.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Sure you don't." She says with a mischievous smile as we reach our parents door.

I knock on the door and wait for an answer, ignoring my loud heartbeat and my sweaty palms.