That means I won the bet right?

Trying to find a way to avoid seeing Alec for the rest of the day, if it was possible I'd do it for the rest of my life believe me, I decide to go find my brother. I hadn't talk to him much since the time at the infirmary. He seems a bit uneasy every time he is around me. I also noticed that he keeps looking to my arms and torso like he is trying to find the scars under my clothes.

I knock once on his door and without waiting for an answer I enter the room. He is weirdly sleeping, snorting a bit which makes me let out a laugh. Seems like he came back here after we left with Lydia. Well, I don't blame him.

I take in the state his bedroom is at, the clothes scattered around on the floor and his shoes thrown under the desk. On it there are thousands different drawings, some of them show runes, other soldiers and there is also one of me.

Not just a drawing of my face. In the piece of paper my arms and torso can be seen too. I wear a tank top raised just under my chest. And with every single detail scars can be seen everywhere. Some of them are exactly like the ones I have, it seems like he remembers them. Others are a bit out of place and he must have added them where he didn't remember how they looked like.

The sight of it makes my stomach churn and I suddenly have the urge to vomit. I reach out and tuck the drawing under a pile of books, not able to look at it any longer.

I make my way to his bed and sit beside him. He doesn't seem to realize my presence in the room, he is still sleeping heavily. So since I am such a good sister and a caring person, I lick my finger and then stick it to his ear. I watch amuse as he suddenly jumps from his position on the bed panting and looking around frantically, searching for the source of the touch.

When his eyes land on me he momentarily relaxes before his face forms into an annoyed expression.

"Just why? What did I do to deserve this?" His voice is desperate but there is a sign of a a smile on his lips.

"I can't believe you are sleeping." I move and lay down next to him shaking my head.

He straightens his back and rubs his eyes as he answers me. "It's a nice activity, you should try it sometime." He says causing me to roll my eyes.

"Sooo, what happened with miss " the clave sent me" and mister "grumpy pants?" He questions about what happened at the jade wolf.

"We brought the foreshaken here in order to run some tests. Luke thinks it was kind of personal but we decided to put extra wards at the institute." I inform him bored when suddenly my eyes lit up. "And oh my god, turns out the bitch and the creepy guy, aka the lightwood parents were circle members!" I exclaim and watch as Adam's eyes widen and he covers his mouth.

"No fucking way. I am telling you nothing you say anymore can shock me." He announces and I decide this is the right way to tell him what happened between me and Alec.

So before he can say anything else I blurt it out like something casual.

"I kissed Alec."

I say it so fast and at first , it's like he heard something normal, something that belongs to a normal conversation, something usual.

Then I watch as his eyes light up with realization and he drops his mouth.

After a few moments of silence he says, "I guess I was asking for it."

I let out a small laugh but he continues. " how the hell did that happen? I mean we all knew it would happen eventually, we even bet on when it would...but holly shit, wow." He says fast and I turn to look at him.

"You did what!? Bet on it?"

He shakes his head at me , waving his hand as an indication that it's not important.