Heartbreak and plans.

After a brief call with my brother during which he informed me that Simon had been found and that now clary and Luke were trying to reason with him, I enter the main hall of the institute again only to find Isabelle where I left her before. Before neither of us has the time to speak a new presence enters the room.

"Meliorn? What are you doing here?" Isabelle asks surprised and I turn around and come face to face with a man in, if you ask me, weird clothes.

"The clave called me to some kind of conference." Meliorn replies looking annoyed, I'm not sure if his feelings are directed towards the clave or the brunette in front of him. Isabelle moves to embrace him, her eyes filled with affection.

" I'm so glad to see you." She says but the man waves her off with his hand.

"Spare me." His voice laced with a harshness that shakes Isabelle. "Your message of fire clearly stated you never wanted to see me again." Isabelle's eyes widen at his words and she gives him a sad look.

However I somewhat understand the seelie since I've noticed some changes Isabelle has made that find me completely opposite.

"My family..." she tries lifting her hand to touch him but he takes a step back and cuts her off.

"Despises downworlders. This is common knowledge." He shakes his head and looks behind me. I turn around once again and see Lydia approaching us with a confident walk."I'm not here to talk about us." Meliorn ends his discussion with Isabelle as the blonde reaches us. She acknowledges us with a nod before looking at Isabelle with serious eyes.

"Isabelle please, step aside." She looks politely at the girl and then turn with a more severe look to face meliorn. "The clave ordered that you are placed under arrest." She announces making me and Isabelle widen our eyes and turn to look at her in disbelief.

"What?" I exclaim looking at Lydia and Isabelle steps in now angrier. "What for?" She demands at Lydia.

"Soliciting state secrets from a shadowhunter on behalf of valentine morgenster." Lydia explains and we fall silent. That's ridiculous regarding the fact that since I came here I have even understood that the seelies were allies with the clave for ages.

"Have you lost your mind?" Isabelle addresses Lydia with furrowed eyebrows furious at the blonde. However Lydia doesn't seem very startled by the brunettes reaction since she turn at her with a warning look.

"You are lucky you weren't arrested along with him."

"What are you talking about?" Isabelle now looks at her confused and frustrated.

"It's our understanding that your long-standing relationship with the seelie meliorn may have led to the disclosure of state secrets." Lydia addresses the younger lightwood again and I speak up.

"That's nonsense and you know it." I defend Isabelle and Lydia looks at me with sorry eyes.

"Look, nobody is blaming you, the seelies probably worked with valentine all along."she concludes shrugging her shoulders but Isabelle isn't having any of it.

"Valentine has been murdering downworlders and draining them from their blood for months. He probably killed those seelies scouts and used their blood." She tries to reason with Lydia but she gives a challenging look at her.

"Do you have proof?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Do you?" I snap at her earning a sigh.

"I have orders. I never wanted any of this." Lydia tries.

"I don't believe you for a second." Isabelle says her voice laced with a cold and hostile tone. As she proceeds to leave Alec enters the hall and comes to stand alongside Lydia, ignoring me completely and I don't blame him.