Language in front of grandma.

When I finally get up, after a long sleepless night, the institute runs at its usual pace. Only a few people up this early in the morning, roaming around the corridors, minding their own business.

A few hours go by and after I've eaten and had a bath , the lightwood siblings appear in the foyer where I am currently sitting reading a book.

"Looking for Alaska." Reads the tittle at the cover Isabelle and Alec raises his eyebrows. "I don't want to spoil anything, but it's a little bit left to Canada." He says causing me to roll my eyes.

"Look at you sunshine, actually knowing basic geographical knowledge like all proper five year olds."

He lets out a laugh at my comment and snarks back. "Oh man and I thought you'd be impressed by it."

"Oh, you were trying to impress me?" I tease him, and his face flares up as he understands what he had said.

However he recomposes himself quickly and answers back. "Would you want that?" He asks with a playful smile, and now it's my turn to feel awkward, and thank god I don't blush.

I notice Isabelle standing there looking between us, back and forth, with a goofy smile on her face and a glint in her eyes. When she is about to say something, Alec's phone rings.

After a brief phone call, Alec informed us that jace and clary wanted our help at the police station. "I'll go wake up Adam." I announce with a sigh. Here we go again. Why can't a day be uneventful?

The four of us arrive at the station, meeting with a distress looking Clary and an annoyed Jace.

"Someone call for backup?" Asks Isabelle as we come to a halt.

"Yeah, what took you guys so long?" Jace doesn't miss a beat, causing Alec to snap at him.

"Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing."

"It's complicated." Replies the blond with a frown through gritted teeth. Clary looks guilty beside him.

"We found the cup." She announces after a few minutes of silence.

"What. The. Hell?" I ask suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Yeah we did. But then we lost it. We have to get back into the building to get it." Clarifies Clary.

A smirk makes its way to my lips. "Ohhhh, this is going to be sick."

"Hey," starts my brother. "You can't get in."

At his warn a wave of nausea hits my stomach and I lean to a wall behind me to steady myself.

Of course I can't. What was I thinking?

"Crap, I forgot." I mutter, lowering my head to the ground.

"Why?" Asks Alec and I refuse to look at him.

"She may...have a record." My brother says warily, making sure to pay attention to the words he uses.

"Like a criminal record?" Asks Isabelle with wide eyes.

Suddenly, I feel humiliated, and place ,y hand on the back of my neck that's burning.

"It's not like that, I didn't do anything." I snap, anger in my eyes.

"Then why..." Alec starts but I stop him.

"Right now is not the right time for explanations." I say, quite roughly and he shuts up.

I look down again, as guilt washes over me. I shouldn't have snapped at the like that, it's not fair.

"But wait, so what? It's not like she can be arrested for only being in there." Clary says confused now.