Hugs and smiles.

"Sky, Sky."

I open my eyes and immediately close them again due to the lights blinding me, causing my head to hurt.

"Oh my god. Open your eyes hey, look at me."

The voice is gentle, the voice of a girl and is coming from above me, like someone is looking down at me.

When I attempt to look at her again this time my eyes stay open. It takes me a few seconds to realize that in front of me is standing Clary. She lets out a breath of relief but she is not the only one. I turn my head to find Simon looking at me with a worried look.

I try to sit up and they both run to my side to help me, grabbing me by the arms. "Are you okay? Did...did Alec do anything? Are you hurt?" The questions explode like bombs inside my head and for a moment I don't know the answer.

Did Alec hurt me? He couldn't. Why was I on the floor? Why everything hurts?

And then I realize.

This slight moment of ignorance fades away and the conversation I had with Alec settles in my head. He did hurt me. Everything hurts because he crashed me. I close my eyes tightly taking breaths, trying to stabilize my heartbeat. What happened to me? How could he have such an effect on me?

I move my hands on my cheeks and once they've made contact with the skin I feel that they are dump.

I cried.

I cried.

The fog in my mind clears more and suddenly I'm overwhelmed by hundreds of feelings.

I remember feeling terrified. I remember realizing all the things wrong with me. And then...then I thought of May.

I feel a hand softly touching my back and I immediately tense and press my eyes shut.

I back on the wall behind me ready for a hit but all of a sudden the hand is pulled back and I hear a gasp coming from the source of it.

"Sky." Clary calls my name again and I suddenly remember where I am and with who.

Clary and Simon. They are harmless, open your eyes.

I cough awkwardly and I press my hand on the wall stabilizing my self and pushing in order to get up. This time they don't reach to help me.

"Yeah, no , I mean..." I mumble confusing even myself, before calming down and attempting again. "No, Alec didn't hurt me, physically at least." I reply to the redhead's question and relief washes over her features for a moment before sympathy and affection take its place.

The looks she gives me warms my insides and without thinking I envelop her in a hug, tears running down my cheeks. At first she freezes at my sudden act of affection towards her but once she relaxes she hugs me back tightly.

When she understands I'm crying she pushes me gently and takes a look at me.

"Oh, Sky, shh...it's going to be okay." She tries to reassure me but I shake my head.

No it's not. It's never gonna be okay. People always say that, well, guess what, it's not true, life will always fuck you up.

"What happened?" Speaks up Simon from behind us and I pull away from Clary and turn my attention to him.

"Alec said that he is in love with me." I shrug and I notice both of them widen their eyes at me.

"Well, that's good isn't it?" Simon asks, clearly way too confused and Clary nods slowly beside him with uncertainty.