You've been avoiding me.

A few uneventful days have gone by at the institute during which I have returned back to my room and had a full recovery. A physical one at least.

Alec hasn't talked to me at all, despite some good mornings, he barely acknowledges my existence. Not that I've spoken to him. I don't know what to say.

I am currently sitting alone in the foyer, listening to music on my phone ignoring everyone around me, hoping that today will pass smoothly.

Clearly that's not the case.

I watch as a panic looking Isabelle runs to one of the screens with Alec and Jace on her tracks. Adam emerges from the training room too with Clary next to him. I approach the shadowhunters and notice that on the screen a red dot can be seen approaching the church rapidly.

"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace exclaims with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I told y-" starts Alec but before he manages to get the rest out Jace stops him.

"Don't say it."

"It looks as if someone is trying to break in." States Isabelle.

"Could be someone from the circle." Offers Adam.

Jace leads us towards the exit to face the threat.

"Told you so." Suddenly Alec exclaims with an arrogant smirk on his face. The blond shakes his head and answers without turning to look at him, to concentrated on his task. "Too soon."

We make our way out and raise our weapons ready to fight whoever is trying to break in. We don't wait long before we see a silhouette dressed in all black approaching as from afar, carrying a limp body in his arms.

"Don't move." Warns us Jace taking a careful step back.

Alec raises his bow and places an arrow in the middle of it, moving forward and ordering us to stay behind.

"Drop what you're holding." He orders the figure, who holds up his head, revealing the face of Raphael one of the vampires that had kidnaped Simon a few months ago. The mundane mentioned is unconscious on his arms.

Or dead...

I think and I quickly say to myself to shut up and not think that way.

"Oh my god Simon!" Clary lets out a cry and attempts to run towards the figure, my brother grabbing her arm and stopping her.

"He is unconscious right?" I ask with a shaky breath, all of them, turning to look at me.

The vampire shakes his head. "I'm sorry."

"No, no! Simon!" Clary screams and breaks out from Adams hold, rushing towards the mundane and the vampire. Jace runs after her.

The redhead falls to the ground next to Simons body and strokes his head quietly sobbing.

I move my shaky hands to hide my face, the coldness of them radiating on my flaming cheeks.

"We need to get him somewhere, we can't just keep him out here." Jace protests throwing daggers with his eyes at the vampire.

"The cellar." Alec offers shrugging. "No one will look down there."

^^^^^^

We make our way towards there, all of us uneasy looking at the redhead who is sobbing forcefully. When we get into the cellar Jace gently sets the boy at the center and places a piece of clothing under his head. 

When he's done he turns to us and speaks up breaking the tension. "People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter."

"I'll go." Alec shrugs. "I'll tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here." He says making his way towards the exit briefly stopping in front of me, running a hand through his hair but I turn my head towards the body of Simon and the boy lets out a frustrated sigh and leaves.