Guilt.

The sound of my foot repeatedly hitting the floorboards is echoing through the empty room.

I have to place my hand on it to make it stop.

For the past minute my breaths keep shortening and I feel like it suddenly got hot in here.

I stand up from the bed and pace up and down in order to calm down. My eyes fall on the opened book that's resting on my pillow, left at the same page since I opened it this morning.

Frustrated I go into the bathroom and , with shaking hands, attempt to splash some water to my face. When my eyes fall on my image reflected in the mirror my vision is blinded by black spots.

I close my eyes taking a few deep breaths.

After I manage to cool off a bit I return to my room.

Not knowing what to do, and clearly not being able to concentrate on reading, I aproach the window. Bad idea. Looking outside at the entrance of the institute, I see a portal and four people dressed in tuxedos and glamorous dresses coming out of it.

I close the curtains abruptly.

Not having something else to do I sit on the bed again and pull the book closer to me, decided to put an end at my panicking thoughts. The words seem to swim in front of my eyes, causing my stomach to churn. I sigh, pulling my hair up in a ponytail in an attempt to feel better.

A look at the time on my phone screen is enough to make me throw it across the room in frustration. As it moves towards the wooden door the later opens to reveal a mess of dark hair and a wrinkled white shirt. The phone hits the person at the stomach and he let's out a gasp.

" Sky! What the hell?" Adam exclaims, rubbing his stomach.

I shrug as I look at him up and down, who is clearly struggling with his clothes.

"Oops." I say and move my eyes from him back to the book.

"What do you think you are doing?" He looks at me like he is wondering how stupid I am.

I have been wondering the exact same thing all morning.

"Reading my book in peace?"

Pff, yeah I wish.

He doesn't buy it though and his eyes move to my phone lying on the ground.

"Clearly." He comments sarcastically and I roll my eyes at him.

"Your point?" I ask him innocently and now it's his turn to roll his eyes.

"Are we really going to ignore the elephant in the room?" He asks me and pushes my legs off the bed in order to sit next to me.

"You mean how terrible your dressing skills are?" I say attempting to fix his shirt. He slaps my hand away.

"Or maybe the reason why I'm dressed like this in the first place." He deadpans, looking pointedly at me.

"I don't know is there like a gala going on or maybe..."

I don't have the time to finish my nervous rant because he throws his hands up in the air in frustration.

"For fucks sake Sky. For once stop acting like you don't care about anything. Like everything is fine while you are in pain." His words sting and I stand up from the bed in a swift move.

I tuck some loose strabds of hair beside my ears trying to calm down.

"What do you want me to do? Cry over him again? Beg him again? Ridicule myself again?"