Chapter 12

Skylar's P.O.V

Everything stops. I see the color drain from Gerard's face and I know it must be gone from my face, too. "C-cancer?" I say. "Are you sure?" Gerard asks. The nurse nods. She leaves and I start to cry. Gerard already has me in his arms and is rocking me. "Shh, it will be ok," he soothes. I keep crying into his chest. "I'm gonna call the guys," he tells me. He walks out to call the guys. When he is gone I start to cry again.

He walks back in an see's me crying. "It's alright," he says, but I can feel the tears slip from his eyes onto my neck. Seeing him cry always breaks my heart.

Gerard's P.O.V

I try not to let her see me cry. I turn my head and kiss her cheek. She is sobbing when the guys come in. I haven't told them what's wrong, but when they walk in the know it's bad. Sky wipes her eyes and greets the guys. I lean down next to Sky and whisper to her. "I'm gonna take them out in the hall and tell them," I say. She nods and I take the guys out in the hall. "Whats wrong?" they all immediately ask. "Sky has..." I start. The guys look at me, their eyes full of worry. "Sky has c-cancer," I whisper. I force back tears. They all give me a hug and go back inside to talk to Sky.

Skylar's P.O.V

Soon the guys have to leave, it is to soon. Frank leans down and whispers something. "We are here to help you through it all," I smile and thank him. The guys all hug me and say reassuring words. I wait for Gerard and after about ten minutes I get worried. I try to call him but h left his phone in the room. He comes back in about 20 minutes later and he see's I was worried. "Hey whats wrong?" he asks, taking my hand. "I was worried 'cause you were gone for so long," I say. He smiles and kisses the top of my head. A bunch of fan girls saw me and started talking to me and wouldn't let me go," he says. "Ok," I say. "Lets go to sleep," he whispers. I nod and he sits in the chair. We both fall asleep immediately, are hands are still locked together.