Chapter 5

Skylar's P.O.V

I wake up and see Gerard on the other couch. They must be tired from the concert. I make coffee and pour myself a cup. I go put on my makeup and put on my new clothes. We leave for a new hotel today, so I start packing up. Gerard walks in and I don't notice him. "Hey," he says. I jump and spin around. He laughs.

"You scared me," I smile at him. Gerard went to wake the guys. We all got ready and hopped in the bus. I put all my stuff away and the guy's went to watch a movie. I walked into the cramped bathroom and stripped out of my clothes, stepping under the running water in the small shower. As I washed my hair I started to sing, closing my eyes.

"Who do you think you are? Runnin around leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts, and tearing love apart

Your gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul

Don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?"

Gerard's P.O.V

"Shh, guys listen," I pause the movie. They all listen and hear Skylar singing. They smile.

"That's her?!" Frank asks. I smile and nod. "Her voice is amazing," he says. I go by the door and record her voice on my phone. She gets out of the shower and I run back onto the couch. She comes out with her makeup done and a new outfit. We all just smile.

Skylar's P.O.V

They all just kept smiling. "You guys are creeping me out," I said, looking at them. I turn to get some milk but I stop when I hear Ray say something.

"Great voice," he coughs. I whip my head around to them.

"What?" I ask.

"He said nice voice," said Mikey. I feel my cheeks burn.

"Thanks," I reply. They all go and get ready for the concert.

We drive to the stadium. I watch the trees pass by in a haze, leaning my head against the cold window. The guys practice over and over. Soon everyone crowds into the stadium. The guys run out and the crowd screams, lights illuminating the stage.

"Before we start, I want you to listen to something," Gerard says. He runs over and grabs my wrist. He pulls me onto the stage. I stand next to him and he gets his phone. He taps his phone and something starts playing. 'Oh no,' I think to myself. My cheeks burn and turn red.

"Who do you think you are? Runnin around leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts, and tearing love apart

Your gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul

Don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?"

He recorded me singing earlier, and was playing it on the microphone. He holds my wrist and smiles at me. The recording stops and everyone cheers and shouts. "Aww, Skylar, your blushing," He says, still smiling. I smile, even though I am super embarrassed. "Let's get this started!" Gerard yelled, and I walk off the stage so they could start.

After the concert we hop on the bus and drive to the hotel. "Lets play Chutes and Ladders!" Frank yells. We all get out the game board from the bus and start playing. It's a night full of laughter and fun. Gerard turns on the recording and I tackle him to the floor, knocking the game board over. The guys laugh while I beat the crap out of Gerard. We all keep laughing and I finally let Gerard get up.

"Damn girl! Why are you trying to kill me?" he asks. We double over in laughter.

"Why do you keep playing that?" I ask.

"Because your voice is amazing, duhh," he said. The guys nod in agreement and I smile.

"I just noticed it is almost Christmas!" Ray yells

"Christmass!" Frank and Mikey yelled at the same time. We chuckle and Gerard starts playing the recording again. He winks and I tackle him to the floor again, starting another round of laughter. My chest tightened with happiness. My life was perfect.