Chapter 3

(A/N: trigger warning. This will be the only one throughout the book.)

Skylar's P.O.V

I wake up to the smell of coffee and the sound of the guys talking outside. I stand up and I guess the guys hear me because Gerard comes in.

"Hey," He says and smiles at me.

"Hey," I smile back. I stretch a little and start to walk towards the door.

"Do you want some coffee?" He asks. I grab a small bag full of makeup and nod.

"Sure, I'll be right out," I reply, and with that he leaves to go make coffee.

I stand in front of the mirror and open up my bag. The bruises on my arms and on my face have formed. I take out some mascara and smear it on my eyelashes. I put on a thick coat of eyeliner. I stare at myself in the mirror. My reflection stares back. I sigh and brush out my hair, once again leaving it fluffy. I walk out and see the guys on the couch and Gerard pouring my coffee. They all smile at me.

"Hi," they all say.

"Hey," I reply and sit on the chair. The bus comes to a stop and the guys stand up.

"We're at the hotel," Gerard tells me. I nod and grab my bag and walk out with the guys. We check in and ride the elevator to our floor. Gerard slides the room key in and opens the door. "Brian is meeting us at the concert tomorrow," Gerard says.

"How many beds are there?" Mikey asks.

"There are only four, but Skylar can sleep in my bed," he replies. I shake my head.

"No, I'm fine out here," I say. Gerard also shakes his head.

"I am sleeping out here, even if that means an un- used bed." He says.

"Fine, we'll both sleep out here," I smile and set my stuff down. We all get settled in and have dinner. We watch movies and I look down at my watch. "Guys it is midnight," I tell them.

"Okay," they say.

"Um, Sky," Gerard says. "What did your stepfather do to you? You were about to tell us yesterday but then stopped," He says.

I look down and start to tear up. I run to my room and lock the door

Gerard's P.O.V

The guys are arguing about what just happened. "Did you hear her voice? She was so choked up. What did the bastard do to her?" Frank says.

"I will go talk to her," I volunteer. The guys nod and with that I go to the door

"Skylar?" I whisper yell. I hear sobs. "Skylar unlock the door," I whisper. When she doesn't come I walk over and grab a bobby pin. I pick the lock and open the door. Blood stains are on the floor. I wince and hear sobs. I walk to the bathroom, scared at what I might see. Skylar is sitting on the floor, her arm is bleeding. I gasp as I realize she cut herself. "Skylar," I gasp. She looks up at me, her eyes are red from crying. I grab her arm and try to stop the bleeding. She sobs.

"I'm so sorry," She whispers. I just keep shaking my head.

"It's okay, don't worry don't apologize," I keep saying. The bleeding stops and I pull her into a hug. "Shh, it's alright," I whisper. She falls asleep so I carry her out bridal-style and lay her on the couch. The guys went to sleep so I sit next to Sky and watch a movie. I eventually fall asleep next to her.