Chapter 2

Skylar's P.O.V

Jared throws me in my room and I lift my shirt up. I start to sob. He made a bunch of cuts and lines going all the way down my back and around my stomach. I have had it. This is enough. I pack my messenger bag, not planning anything out well. I know that Jared is sleeping. My eyes wander over to the window and I open it. Slowly, I slide out of the window and let myself fall to the garden. I hold my breath. I hold my arm that hit the floor, biting my lip. After a few minutes of silence, I get up and run as fast as I can. I run a good couple miles away from the house. I go and rest for a couple hours against a old, damp brick wall.

~~~~

I wake up to the sound of a man's voice. It reminds me of Jared, so I start to squirm.

"Hey it's okay," Soothes the voice. I open my eyes and at first I notice the rain pouring down on me. It must be about six in the morning. I look around, confused at who was talking to me. My eye sight straightens and I see a big bus. I look in front of me and lock eyes with the beautiful hazel eyes looking down at me. My breath catches in my throat. In front of me stands Gerard Way, the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. He looks straight at me. "Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Gerard?" I whimper. I notice how freezing I am. He smiles and nods.

"What happened?" He asks me.

"I hate myself," I whisper. He puts his hand out and stands up.

"Come on," He says. I take his hand and he leads me to the tour bus.

~~~~

I see Mikey, Frank, and Ray in the bus all sitting on the couch talking. Gerard coughs and they all look up. They glance at me, and then Gerard. "What?" They ask.

"Whats your name?" Gerard asks me. "Sk-Skylar," I stutter out.

"Are you cold?" He asks, taking off his jacket. He hands it to me and as I put it on he see's bruises and scars on my arms and legs. A frown takes over his face. We sit down. "What happened?" He asks, his voice full of worry.

"Jared, my step father," I whisper. All the guys look at me. "He beat me, a lot. I had to go," I explain, starting to cry. Gerard walks over to comfort me and the guys speak soothing words.

"Lets get you to bed and we can talk tomorrow at the hotel," Gerard says after I tell them about my dad dying of cancer and the bullying and abuse.

"I'm staying with you?" I ask. They hear the hope in my voice and they all smile.

"Of course," Ray says. I smile. "We would never let you go back to Jared," Frank says. Gerard and Mikey nod in the agreement. Gerard leads me to a bunk and I chew on my lip nervously.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I ask. Gerard flashes me a smile.

"Of course," he says. I settle into the bunk and drift off to sleep.