Chapter Fifty

CHAPTER FIFTY

Harry didn’t come home overnight, but Louis managed to contact him during the morning and remind him of the upcoming interview that he had promised to attend and it wasn’t long after that he arrived back and went straight to his room. 

Not even pausing to greet us, he jumped into the shower. “Was that Harry?” Louis asked, his tooth brush stuffed in his mouth. 

“Yeah, guess he wasn’t up for a chat” I shrugged. Don’t seem affected, pretend not to care. I reminded myself. 

Louis ‘Hmph’ed back, departing back to his room and I stayed eating my breakfast. I only had my teeth left to do, and two hours left to kill. 

Niall’s offer of hanging out to talk seemed funner by the second, and all it took was a message. I heard the shower turn off and I couldn’t decide between running for the hills or confronting him. 

Slurping the milk from the bottom of the bowl, I finished my breakfast, “You can do this” And my wheels were moving. 

I heard no shuffling from behind the door, so quickly, before I was betrayed by my coward-ness, I pushed the door open. Harry was perched on his desk, his shirt in his hand, he looked up when the door opened but then glanced back to the shirt. 

“What?” He asked. 

“Where did you go yesterday?” I asked. 

“I was out” 

“Whats going on with you?” I sighed, “Can you please talk to me?” 

“Why do you care?” 

“Harry, you broke up with me, I care about you, it hurts seeing you hurt, don’t you realize that? Are you that dense to see Im not hurt too?” My nose tingled. 

“You let it happen, I told you I would, I told you, but you wouldn’t tell him, thats all I want” He still wouldn’t look at me.

“I wasn’t ready. Im sorry Harry, you know I never meant it to be like this” He didn’t respond. “Will you just look at me? Please?” I pleaded. 

Harry looked up at me. “You don’t get it, do you?” 

“Get what? Talk to me” 

“You don’t understand, I don’t want to have to stop myself from holding you just because your brothers around, I want to be open about us. I want to hold your hand when we walk down the street, I want to be able to kiss you for the sake of kissing you. I don’t want to have to settle with a quick, careful peck because your brothers in the same house. I don’t want to feel like Im nothing to you, when you’re everything to me” 

I didn’t respond for a moment, but Harry took my silence as a reason to continue.