Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

His lips touched mine and my eyes widened in shock before slowly closing as I began enjoying the kiss, my lips moving against his. My hand moved to tangle in his curly hair as his wound in mine, pulling me closer to him. Damn Harry is one good kisser.

Wait a minute.

Harry is kissing me. I am kissing Harry. I am kissing my brothers best friend.

My eyes widened as I pulled back quickly, I watched his eyes eye’s open slowly and blink a few times before he fully registered what had just happened. 

“I… Um, sorry” Harry stuttered not looking me in the eyes running his hand through his hair.

“Yeah, I, I'm sorry too” But truth is, I'm not.  My heart was racing as my lips were still tingling from the kiss. “We probably shouldn’t tell Louis that ever happened” I added running a hand through my hair as well.

“You're telling me” Harry whispered shaking his head at his feet.

“We should go, it’s getting dark” I jumped up, sick of the awkward silence that was surrounding us. I grabbed the two bowls and started making my way down the stairs back to the kitchen, Harry trailing behind me.

******************************************

Harry’s POV

I am an idiot. What was I thinking? Why would I kiss her? Why didn’t I think? Of course she wouldn’t be happy with it. I looked over at Abby, the car was practically pitch black, but I could slightly see her sleeping figure in the front seat. She fell asleep in the first half hour of the ride, over two hours ago, kind of lucky actually, the awkward silence was unbearable. My mind lingered on what Annabel had been saying only hours ago.

“You like her, don’t you?” Annabel questioned, but I could tell she already knew the truth.

“Why don’t you do anything?” Cameron piped up turning around to face us from his discussion with another man.

“I'm her brother’s best friend” Was my reply. I wasn’t going to deny it to them, they already knew, I don’t know how, but they did. “Besides, who said she likes me?” my eyes scanned the room trying not to look in the direction I was dying to.

“Nothing’s gonna happen if you don’t try” Cameron shrugged as he walked over to a different group.

“Wise words” I chuckled dryly shaking my head as I watched his retreating figure.

“True words” Annabel shrugged, “Look, I’ll be honest with you, Abby is a quiet to herself girl, she may not seem like it, but she has never brought anyone here. Only her siblings, and they only found out about this place when they got kicked out so she brought them here. That’s the only reason they came here and started volunteering” My eyes looked to Abby without realizing when Annabel explained her thoughts.