Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three

Jake and Lora arrived about the same time I did, instantly firing questions at Harry who was too busy watching the doctors surround me to give any answers. 

Two men from the police arrived barely thirty minutes after they did.

With my story and the obvious evidence they didn’t take long believing us even without the quick statement from the doctors. 

News travelled fast in the town, half an hour later there was press at the door, wanting an interview but doctors politely shoo-ed them away. 

Louis made the three hour car trip into 2 hours and came running into the room panting, yelling and screeching, trying to find out what happened. 

Apparently the other boys were with him when he received the call from Jake because just over an hour after Louis came barging in they arrived too. Obviously they had obeyed the speed limit. They were a lot quieter than the others, they all rushed to see if I was okay, then asked for the story. Zayn sat with Lora, keeping her close to him as he listened to the story. 

Mum was the last one to arrive only ten minutes after the boys. She came in with tears running down her face and my heart broke when I saw her flustered and scared for me. She hugged me instantly but when I hissed in pain she pulled back.

The doctor had stated that I had sprained my wrist badly and it needed to be in a bandage, I had rolled my ankle, apparently it also needed to be taped too. I had a concussion and too many bruises to count. He said I had bruised ribs but I escaped lucky. And I believed him. 

No one had question why Harry was already there when everyone else arrived, it wasn’t until mum arrived and Louis went and sat beside instead of beside my bed that he made the realisation. “Where were you today?” Louis asked him.

“I was here” Harry answered trying to come up with an excuse.

“No, if you were here, Abby wouldn’t be there” Louis stated pointing the hospital bed I was residing in. 

“I was on my way” Harry answered, “Its a three hour drive remember”

“I know too well” Louis sighed back in his chair. 

“What were you planning on doing today?” Louis changed the topic.

“I was going to help at the soup kitchen again” Harry answered. 

“Again?” Niall wondered, “When was the first time?” 

“Abby showed me the place she usually volunteers at and I kind of fell in love with it, I thought I could come back again today” He shrugged it off. 

“Good thing too” I said, “He saved my ass a little”