Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"He’ll come around Abby” Jake told me after I explained to him and Lora about what had happened.

“That’s what Harry said” I nodded,

“I'm sure everything will be fine” Mum said as she walked through the door. She had let me explain while she made more tea and biscuits for us.

“Yeah I know” I said although I couldn’t help but be apprehensive about the whole situation.

“So have you spoken to them about what we were talking about earlier?” she asked.

“Oh” I remembered, “I forgot” I took a sip of my tea and turned to the others.

“What's happening?” Lora asked.

“Well mum has offered to either let me stay here or to buy us all a place to live here so I can see her more often” Jake and Lora both instantly shook their heads.

“We can't take your money” Jake shook his head. I forgot how proud he was. He never allowed anyone to do anything for him. Going to Joe’s was out of desperation, he didn’t want us to sleep in the cold.

“Its fine really” Mum shrugged it off, “We have enough to get you a flat for the three of you”

“No, Abby” Jake turned to me, “You stay here and Lora and I will come up and visit you” He said. I turned to Lora who nodded to show she agreed with his suggestion.

“Are you sure?” Mum tried, “I'm happy to lend you the money”

“No its fine” Lora smiled, “We’re happy to stay where we are” I smiled at them but for some reason I was nervous. I had only ever lived with the two by my sides, but  moving in with my mother, being with her, it was my dream from as long as I can remember.

“Is that okay with you Abby?” Mum asked looking at me with the hopeful eyes I had grown to know, I smiled.

“Yeah, if that’s fine with everyone else” I nodded. I know how this seems. I can't help but wonder what's happening.  I came to see mum yesterday, she threw me away. I came back today and already she’s offering me a place to live. And I'm agreeing. Is this just me, or is this crazy?

Mum grinned even brighter and pulled me into a hug before pulling my other siblings in and thanking them. She sat back and grinned at me, “Where are you going to sleep?” Lora asked suddenly as she made the realization that this is a one bedroom house.

“I’ll be sleeping on the couch: I answered her.

“Oh okay” she smiled, she knew I wouldn’t care about it and she was so used to it I guess it doesn’t affect her anymore. Which is a good thing.

“So, we take you home tonight and come back with all your stuff tomorrow?” Jake confirmed.