Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven 

When Louis walked through the door I felt my heart jump up into my throat. Harry glanced at me and nodded his head but I signalled to the bathroom and quickly rolled myself out of the situation, literally, I’m in a wheel chair. 

I spent far longer than I needed in the bathroom preparing myself, I managed to last half an hour when Louis knocked on the door and asked if I was okay and see if I hadn’t managed to of fallen down during the awkward shuffle from the toilet to the chair. I escaped the bathroom and held up a finger to Harry, gesturing for one more minute as I wheeled myself to my room and swapped my sweat pants to a pair of leggings, and my tight t-shirt to a baggy sweater. 

A knock vibrated throughout the room the second I had pulled on the jumper and I silently cursed myself for not taking longer. 

“Who is it?” I called out. 

“Its Harry” The gruff voice replied, “Louis wanted me to come check you hadn’t called down, can I come in?”

“Why does he always assume I’ve fallen over?” I grumbled. “Come in”  

Harry opened the door before I had finish my sentence and was closing it before I had noticed him in my room. “Whats wrong?” He asked quickly. “Do you still want to?” 

I glanced at Harry, his beaten face flashing before my eyes but I blinked it away, “Of course” I nodded, “I just need a glass of water first” 

“I’ll go get it for you” Harry was out of the room before I could deny him the opportunity and I sighed my face falling into my hands. 

I was procrastinating so I didn’t have to tell Louis, and Harry seemed to go for the option ‘Get it over and done with’, I guess I’m just a coward. 

“Come on Abby” I motivated myself quietly, “You can do this” I wheeled the chair to the door, only knocking it once against the end of the bed before leaving my room and making my way to the lounge where Louis sat on his phone. 

My anxiety only grew. 

I could feel my heart pick up and I felt sick as I saw him lying on the couch messaging on his phone. Bad idea. Abort mission. Abort. ABORT! 

The spy mode I usually can’t pull off, was a lot harder in a wheel chair and I soon realised that as I bumped into the wall behind me. 

“Oh, hey Abby, how you feeling?” Louis looked up from his phone sliding it into his pocket making it known he was keen to talk. 

Like I’m about to watch my boyfriend get torn to shreds. 

“Good” I corrected my internal voice, “A little tired, and my legs a little itchy but its okay” I shrugged. 

“Thank god” He sat up on the couch and attempted to stand, “Do you need a hand?” I shook my head. Unless he suddenly received an urgent call that he had to leave or came out that he new about Harry and my relationship, there was really nothing he could help me with for the moment.