Chapter Eighteen

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END! PLEASE READ ON!

Chapter Eighteen

“Hello my lovelies, what are you two up to?” Liam asked resting against the doorframe and smirking at the two of us and a second after he had said that Niall and Zayn came walking in completely unnoticing the awkward air surrounding us.

"What are you guys doing here?” Harry asked coughing to cover up the huskiness in his voice.

“We heard you were painting and we thought we’d crash” Niall shrugged, Liam smirked his eyes flickering between Harry and myself. I stiffened, oh crap.

“Right, well, Harry and Zayn, you take that wall” I pointed to Harry’s original wall that I pointed to before. “Liam, you and I work with this one and Niall, you can pick between either of us or go bring us food” I offered and a grin brightened on Niall’s face.

“You know me so well” Niall grinned before leaving the room to the kitchen.

“There’s paint brushes are over there in the corner, pick any and then-”

“We know how to paint Abby” Zayn cut in grabbing a paint brush and flipping it in his hand.

“Right well, let’s get started then” I tried to brighten my voice up to make me seem cheery and happy but looking back at Harry I knew I wasn’t the only one annoyed with the guys for interrupting us.

I turned away from him picking up the paint brush that was flung across the floor by Harry earlier and dipping it in the paint before turning around to face the wall I was going to paint and everyone else did the same.

Chatter blared around the room but I didn’t pay any attention to it, trying to concentrate on the wall and not thinking on what would have happened in the boys hadn’t walked in. Not that I'm glad they did. Liam came next to me painting the wall as he spoke to the guys yelling over his shoulder.

“You missed a spot” Liam came behind me, brushing over the window where I had missed, pushing his chest into my back. I coughed a little and took a small step forward so we were no longer touching. “Nice hand prints” Liam whispered in my ear taking a step forward so we were touching again. I stiffened as the words processed in my mind and my thoughts went to the purple Harry handprints on my jeans. I certain place on my jeans that shouldn’t have handprints for the boys to see.

“I um, yeah, we were, I just” Wow, I. Am. So. Convincing... “I did that” Yay! A proper sentence! Too bad nobody would ever believe it….

“Funny, they look a little big to be your hands” Liam whispered his hands brushing mine as he painted, emphasizing his point secretly. 

“Harry and I were having a paint war, he snuck up on me” I shrugged it off thankfully sounding actually normal. Maybe, even believable.

“They look a little upside down to be snuck up on” Liam chuckled his breath fanning over my ear.

“I don’t know what you’re getting at” What you’ve never played dumb before? Its my only option.

“I'm talking about you and Harry’s steamy make out before we interrupted” Liam whispered and my breath hitched. How the hell did he work it out so quickly?

“I don’t know what you're talking about” I kept up the act. Maybe if I played it well enough it will actually work…

“Well, I do know that Harry is looking insanely jealous right now” I snuck a glance to see Harry’s jaw tense and narrowed eyes burning holes into Liam. His eyes met mine and softened slightly but I could see the anger pooling behind his bright green eyes.