Reuniting.

When I enter the training room I'm welcomed by yelling and laughs, echoing in the small room.

At first I don't see her due to all the people huddled together. When my eyes land on the smiling figure of the woman I freeze.

She looks tired and there are small bruises on her face but that's not what really strikes me. It's the first time I have seen her smile that big for years. It's no longer one of these comforting but also fake smiles she used to offer me each morning to cover up her drinking. It's a wide smile, lighting up her face, while tears are running down her cheeks. Her green eyes shine with so many emotions reminding me the woman that I used to love with every fiber of my heart, the woman I used to admire when I was ten.

My mom.

When her eyes land on me she stops, and more tears make their way down her cheeks. By now I'm almost crying too.

"Sky." Her voice comes out small, almost hesitant, as if she doesn't know what my reaction is going to be.

And honestly, I've thought of this moment a thousand times and I never could decide what my reaction would be. I always thought it would be too awkward, too forced.

But it isn't.

Because the moment her eyes land on me I'm already moving to her, opening my arms and embarrassing her into a tight hug.

I know there are things we need to sort out, too many problems in our relationship, I know she's been a shitty mother and I've been a selfish daughter. But right now, she is alive, and that's enough.

"Mom. Are you okay? Oh my god." I take some steps back to examine her face but she just smiles up at me with relief.

"I'm fine. I promise everything is fine. I'm so sorry." She trails her hands up and down my face, caressing my cheeks, crying, and wiping my tears away too.

Now that I'm closer to her I can see the bruises covering her cheeks, and the blood stains on her forehead, hidden behind her blonde hair.

"What did he do to you?" I ask her but she just shakes her head at me.

Adam comes to stand by her side, placing his hand on her shoulder, encouraging her to talk.

"It doesn't matter. Now I'm here with you." She says and pauses for a second to look at us. " Valentine is just...he doesn't take no for an answer. But I can handle him." She assures us.

I can feel a soft hand touching my back and when I turn back I'm greeted by a bunch of red locks.Before I have the time to say anything to her, Clary envelops me in a hug, burring herself in my hair. Sighing, I hug the girl back, relieved and feeling more at ease now that she is here. Feeling less alone with her by my side.

"I'm so sorry, I just heard about everything. I'm so glad you are okay Sky." Her words warm me up and I nod at her, while detaching myself from her embrace.

"I'm glad that you are okay too." I say causing her to smile.

"Is everything okay now?" Asks Jace, worried. "Are they out of trial?"

The question strikes my mother who widens her eyes, looking between me and Adam.

"Out of what?" She asks, making me feel like a five year old being scolded by her mother.

"I...it's nothing," I try to shrug it off but Adam shakes his head, ready to argue.

"No it's not. Sky and Isabelle were being prosecuted because they went against the clave to save a seelie from the silent brothers." He says, looking proudly at the two of us.