Chapter 1

(Another old cover of Cursed to the side)

Song Of The Moment: Cannibal by Silversun Pickups
1999-New Year's Eve

Song Of The Moment: Cannibal by Silversun Pickups1999-New Year's Eve

Noise.

I hated it with all my being. Girls threw themselves at me and I cursed myself as I used them for my own twisted reasons. My brother, Johnny, was worse. He let himself be completely consumed by his demon, Havoc. Mine was very tame and did what it was told. I guess that was why it received the calming name, Noctum.

At these New Year's Eve parties, everyone was usually drunk and making out. I detested them all. You see, I grew up in a very sophisticated society: the future.

Now I know what you're thinking. What does a young man from the future have anything to do with the past? Well, that's not my fault. You can blame my sister for that. Sistine hated us with her entire fourteen year-old being. That is, before we killed her.

"Quit messing around, brother. We have a mask to find!" A very drunk Jonathan William yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I'll be with you shortly!" I shouted. "Just don't touch it without the gloves!" The Luna Mask. That's what we're after. That's the device that Sistine used to send us here in the past. When she cursed us, she made sure that we couldn't touch it without our skin bleeding and burning from the acid layer that only affected us. That's how both my brother and I have scars all over our hands. We found out about the consequences the first time we let greed overcome us. We couldn't let that happen again.

"Alright, Tony!" My brother yelled back, agitated, and I gritted my teeth. I hated being called that nickname.

"I told you to call me by the name that I was given! Now shut up and find the damn thing!" I yelled in irritation back at him. My name-Anthony Ellis William-was very sophisticated, not lazy and dirty like Tony. It sounded too much like I sold pizzas and I clearly did not.

"Whatever." He yelled over the music before heading in the direction of the back rooms. I just shook my head and unwrapped myself from the arms of some of the hookers dancing around me. They pouted and my demon dared to snarl but I held him back. "Sorry, ladies." I said with a forced smile before ditching them.

Approaching the back rooms area, I saw a pair of black heels scattered through the hallway. There was a struggle and I wanted to just kill my brother for this. He always was the impatient one. Just then, a scream made my head jerk up to the very back room at the end of the hallway. God damn, why couldn't he find a way to shut them up?

"He is so dead." I muttered to myself before stomping away to the door and knocking loudly on it. "Open up, asshole!" I yelled, which was my favorite thing to do that night.

"Finally." A muffled voice huffed behind the door before it swung open to reveal my brother.

"What did you do?" I demanded and the drunk blonde just dragged me inside. He quickly shut the door and I stared at the scene before me. A girl, in her early twenties maybe, lay scared on a dirty mattress that held the disgusting aroma of body odor. The walls were stripped of its floral wallpaper and there were clothes on the floor left from the previous occupants. "What did you do?" I repeated.