Chapter 17

Song of the Moment: Brand New Moves by Hey Violet

*************************

Sara glanced around nervously at her locker. She really wanted him to come. Nate noticed.

"Relax, Sara," He reassured before looking beyond her, "there's Jos-Johnny." She turned around to see the blonde walk up with Chloe close behind. Nate waved them down, and they joined them at Sara's locker.

"Is your brother coming?" Nate asked for her. Johnny smirked and motioned behind him. Just then, Anthony William came walking in the front doors looking like a completely different person. His unruly hair was cut, and all the scruff was gone to downgrade his age by three years. He wore a simple grey shirt with a opened, navy blue button-down layered on top, jeans and Converse. It was different from the formal attire he seemed to wear all the time. He lazily hung his red backpack on one shoulder. Girls ogled him and whispered. He paid no attention and kept his eyes glue at the group with wide eyes surrounding Sara's locker.

"Boy cleans up nice." Chloe surveyed. This was going to be fun.

**************************

I couldn't remember the last time I stepped into a school. All the girls staring reminded me of back when Johnny and I tortured the student body of the Vantic Secondary Academy, the only place where anyone could get educated while the world was falling apart. I tried my best to ignore them and focused on Sara's gawking expression. I kind of missed doing this.

"Anthony William," Chloe smiled mischievously, "I was just saying how you clean up nicely."

"It's just a haircut and a shave." I shrugged it off. "I guess we should go to class? I never thought  I'd say that again." Johnny put a hand on my shoulder.

"The notorious William Brothers are back to torture the female population." He chuckled and waltzed down the hallway. I turned to the other three.

"He's going to try to dethrone me." Chloe sniped and chased after him.

"Dethrone her how?" I asked. It seemed like I missed a lot.

"She's afraid that Johnny might seduce more people than her." Sara laughed and shook her head. "I just think she's afraid he might out-Siren the Siren."

"This is just so cool." Nate beamed. "One day I'm a music club president and the next, I'm friends with demons and Sirens." God, he was so happy that it hurt.

"Don't get too excited. It's not as fun as it sounds." I reminded and started walking with them down the hall.

"What classes do you have?" Sara asked as she shuffled through the papers in her hands.

"I did what Johnny did-mostly same classes with you and two others that sounded fun." I told them. Nate broke away to go to his first period. Now Sara and I was alone together as we walked the halls.

"So, um, how are long are you staying with us?" She asked innocently as we entered our first class together, AP Literature.

"I thought it might be nice to hang around Vegas for maybe a year or so until it's time to move again." Not quite honest but it was close. I needed to stay as long as Sara was in danger from my sister.

"Cool." She smiled and we sat down in desks right up front. This class was going to be easy. I practically lived through this stuff.

The day passed by fast. All the classes were just repeats of what I'd done before. Now we could have lunch together. Nate suggested a table outside since people were constantly staring. Everyone was curious about the new kid that was superior to all the other new kids, even Johnny and Nate. To the student body, I was Sam Denver, a kid who worked in mechanics to get by in Georgia before being taken in by his Uncle and was another cousin to Josh Miller. I was considered "extremely and curiously attractive" and better than the other cousin. I couldn't argue with that.