Chapter 7

Song of the Moment: 99 Problems by Hugo

****************************

Dan dragged the Blood Fury to the porch so he could have a little shade. Johnny and I put some clothes on so we weren't just standing there with only blankets on.

"How do we manage to have a word with your king?" Johnny asked first.

"When it comes to Lucian Bloodsworth, it depends on who's asking. You guys? He would put your heads on stakes the moment you walked onto the palace grounds." He sneered and laughed. Johnny smiled sarcastically and stomped on his leg, making it snap, and the Blood Fury cried out in pain.

"Alright!" He exclaimed. "There might be a way."

"Now we're talking." My brother smiled confidently.

"You would have to pretend to be one of us, take him aside, say that it's important, and it's up to you after that." Johnny grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him up to his face.

"Liar, I do not think it is that easy." He smiled and revealed his set of his demon chompers. The Fury's eyes widened.

"I'm s-sorry." He stuttered. "P-please don't hurt me more than you already have." He clenched his eyes shut. Johnny let him go and the Fury sighed in relief.

"Tell us the real way." I demanded.

"You will have to pretend to be one of us. You'll have to have Fury blood to get past our barrier. It's made of blood magic from the great Wicken, Zalika." He explained.

"Aren't Wiccans some human bullshit?" Johnny interjected.

"They're humans and not bullshit but they a branch of what Leonbotan Wickens are. A human knew about the Originals and started something of their own on Earth. It's not like ours but there are still some remnants of Wicken inspiration in their version." My brother and I shrugged and had him move on to what was next.

"Once you get in, you have to find him. He'll most likely be in the throne room or in his daughter's playroom. Haven is his pride and joy. His wife, Lana? Not so much." So far, the plan didn't sound too bad.

"Wait, everyone knows what we look like. We have to change that." I butted in.

"You're not wrong." The Fury mumbled.

"Why can't we just use our demons to change?" Johnny asked.

"Even with our blood, it would be hard to mask the stench of a demon-especially if it's active." Our hostage explained.

"Do you have a something else in mind then?" I was getting slightly irritated.

"Do you know a Skinwalker?" Dan, Johnny, and I frowned in confusion. "I guess not."

"Can one help us?" Johnny asked.

"Immensely." The Fury assured. "Not only can Skinwalkers shapeshift into anyone but they can shift others just by touching you."

"That would be handy." Dan scratched the back of his head.

"Do you know where one is?" Johnny questioned seriously.

"Actually, one is starting school at the same school that your Damen chick is going to. His name is Darwin and he's a Senior. His parents moved here to work at Clockworks and because our King wanted him watched to see who he would go to-Blood Furies or the Orphans." He suggested.