Chapter 15

Song of the Moment: I'm Only Joking by KONGOS

*********************************

"How the hell is Nate and Darwin involved? Darwin I could see but Nate? He's such a Smol Bean." Sara had regained her voice and was extremely concerned.

"That's what we're trying to find out." I answered. Chloe started laughing.

"If you're wondering if he's anything like us then you're wrong." She clarified. "Nate is the most innocent human I've ever met." I relaxed a bit. "It's funny how you guys were threatened by a piano-playing dork." She was still laughing.

"We wanted to make sure so we didn't have any further surprises." Johnny glared and Chloe shut up immediately.

"So what about Darwin?" Sara asked.

"He's a Skinwalker." Johnny answered for me. "I went into your school to find him but the little bugger was a little too curious. He pulled a knife on me so I taught him a lesson." He noticed the girls' eyes widen. "He's still alive. The King of the Blood Furies took him because he also needed him."

"What the hell are Skinwalkers and Blood Furies?" I felt bad for confusing Sara so bad.

"If I know anything, Blood Furies are less glamorous vampires. They can go into the sun but get extreme fatigue. Think of The Lost Boys, but with more sophistication, and forget all you know from Twilight." Chloe explained casually. Johnny and I stared at her. "What? I know things too."

"How do you know about Blood Furies?" I swore this Siren was full of surprises.

"Hello? The Queen was a fellow Siren so of course I know about the Blood Furies. Sirens come near and far to work in the King's clubs. He practically owns my race." She acted like it was common knowledge. It might have been to her, but we knew nothing about the world of Leonboto besides what we read about in history books before we got cursed. The war that tore apart the future was between Earth and an unknown race with unnatural abilities. Inaccuracy spread like a disease so we rarely bothered to read about what was going on in the world at the time. 

"I love how I'm constantly being surprised by everyone." Sara commented sarcastically and suk into the couch. She was looking quite pale.

"I suggest you take a nap." I started to stand up. "You've been through a lot." Dan got up to get her some hot tea. Johnny rolled his eyes, and Chloe locked her eyes on him.

"That sounds like a great idea, but I would like to go home to do that. Unless," She looked at me, "you have more that I need to hear?" I guess the look on my face said it all because she asked me to show her back to a bedroom to take a nap. I started to lead her, and Chloe followed close behind. She still didn't trust me.

I led them back to my room and let her sleep on my bed. Sara fell into a slumber as soon as her head hit the pillow Chloe and I put a blanket on her.

"This doesn't mean I trust you." Chloe whispered as we left the room.

"I'm not forcing you to." I figured that I needed to play as innocent as possible if I wanted to avoid her venom. "I want to keep her safe just like you."

"Just keep your brother away from me." She warned and poked my chest with her pointer finger. "I'm not done with you." She went back into the bedroom and shut the door on me. I shook my head and went back into the living room.

"She sure is a bitch." Dan nudged me as he passed me to get to the bathroom. "The Siren, I mean." We both let out a sad laugh as we parted ways.

Johnny was lounging on the couch with his legs up by the headrest and his head hanging off the couch right above the floor. He heard me approach him and he sat up to grip the headrest with his legs still there.