1.10

❦❦

Halloween Morning was a pleasant surprise for everybody as the students all woke to the delicious smell of baked pumpkin wafting through the corridors. Charms was the only class which held every house together in it, and today - Professor Flitwick decided it was time for them to start making objects fly.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation...or the ability to make objects fly. Do you have your feathers?" Professor Flitwick begins gleefully, nodding to Hermione who held her feather up in the air to note how organised she was. "Good. Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. The swish and flick. Everyone."

Everybody had now picked up their wands to 'swish and flick'.

"Now enunciate the words - Wingardium Leviosa."

Camille took a gentle swish and a flick, being almost a professional at this spell thanks to Cedric before she'd arrived. She'd used this spell many times at home. With the final flick, her feather gently rose up softly.

"Good, Miss Diggory!" Professor Flitwick clapped twice before examining everyone else.

From a distance she could see Ron and Hermione exchanging a couple words before he placed his wand down and gestured for her to go. Hermione was the second to manage to work the spell correctly, followed by Draco beside Camille. Next to Harry, Seamus had managed to set his on fire. 

By the look of Ron's face, Camille could tell he was about to burst from his bad mood. Clearly, Hermione must've showed him up. She was always amused by the two, constantly quarrelling.

Lunch had come around, which everybody was looking forward to - The Halloween Feast. Camille had seemingly lost Hermione, Harry and Ron in the crowds toward the Great Hall, but someone else found her instead. It was Terrence Higgs - the third year.

"Are you enjoying Hogwarts, so far?" He softly asked, walking beside her on the way to the Great Hall.

"I suppose so, yes." Camille responded quickly. Over the last month they'd become good friends - Higgs and Diggory. He was probably the nicest person in the entirety of Slytherin. Daphne Greengrass always commented on how dreamy looking he seemed to be and from the closeness of Diggory and Higgs right now, Camille could see it too. He had these beautiful brown eyes that contrasted his blonde hair. 

She stopped at the entrance, gasping at all the decorations. There were plenty of carved pumpkin lanterns floating around the ceiling with the beauty of flames flickering along the walls all the way down the length. There was a bright storm outside too, which made the spirit of Halloween extra alive for Camille as the lightning flashed brilliantly at the ceiling.

Terrence turned around to check if Camille was still coming to which she smiled and almost skipped toward him. The more she walked through the Great Hall to claim her seat at the table, the more she noticed more and more decorations. There were a thousand live bats that fluttered from the walls and ceiling while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds. As she got to her normal spot, Draco and his clan were already there. Of course, his followers had already dug straight into the banquet of food. Camille sat right opposite Draco whilst Terrence Higgs sat to her left. Just as Camille placed some baked potatoes onto her plate, another person shoved himself right beside Camille, bumping into her slightly.

"Sorry, Queen Diggory." The person stated, raising his eyebrows up quickly as he stared at her.

Camille just nodded and smiled briefly. "It's ok, Bletchley."

Draco shrivelled his face and glared at him whilst eating his pumpkin soup. Draco despised Harry, yes, but no more than he hated Miles Bletchley.

Not longer than a couple seconds later, Professor Quirrell came sprinting into the Hall with his turban and cloak flapping behind him. Everybody stopped what they were doing and turned to watch him as he reached Professor Dumbledore's chair.

"Troll - in the dungeon! Troll in the dungeon!" He exclaimed, panting. "Thought you ought to know."

Poor Professor Quirrell suddenly fainted. There was a short silence, Camille almost burst out in laughter after that performance, but instead the entire Great Hall erupted in screams instead. Draco was indeed one of them, he screamed and went to stand up to go who knows where. Camille was simply enjoying this whole thing. It was hilarious to her. 

"SILENCE!" Professor Dumbledore's voice brought silence immediately. "Everyone will please not panic! Now...Prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons."

Camille could hear Percy's proud voice louder than everybody's announcing "Gryffindor's over here!"

She examined for Hermione but to her surprise she couldn't spot her anywhere. Camille ditched the rules of following the house prefects and ran over to Ron and Harry.

"Where's Hermione?" She asked loud and quick.

Ron and Harry looked to each other, before Harry spoke.

"She's in the bathrooms! She doesn't know about the troll!"

Ron bit his lip and without further thought the three of them ran off in the direction that they were certainly not supposed to be going. They each ducked down, joining the Hufflepuff's - to which Camille made sure her brother and none of his friends would spot them - before they slipped down a deserted side corridor and hurried towards the girl's bathroom. They came to a halt before their last corner, finding a foul stench nearby paired with a low grunting and the shuffling of heavy, gigantic feet.

Suddenly the troll wasn't a surreal statement from Dumbledore. 

Standing before them was a very real, very big and very dangerous looking troll.

❦❦