Flashback

JUSTIN'S POV:

"I didn't hurt my stomach, my head just hit the chair hard." Lucy reassured me.

"I'm sorry babe. I didn't fill up the petrol tank, I thought we would have enough to make it home." Justin apologised.

"It's fine, but maybe next time actually fill up the car with petrol." Lucy sighed.

"And you know what? You could actually be more considerate of who's in the car with you. Like, oh I don't know maybe your pregnant fiancé. You could have hurt the baby!" Lucy yelled.

"Lucy."

"WHAT!!" She shouted.

"You've got a nose bleed and I think you hit your forehead on the window frame, your bleeding."

"Great! Just makes me look more unattractive. Thanks" Lucy sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Please Lucy, forgive me." I can't believe I didn't fill it up I had time to but no, I just had to leave it and now we're stuck in the middle of the road. Damn it why do I have to be so stupid sometimes. It's my fault were stuck here argueing.

"You know I'm quick to forgive. But I'm still mad Justin." Lucy sighed again and turned towards the window with a frown on her face.

I grabbed a tissue from the compartment under the dash board and went to dab the cut on her forehead. Just as I reached out to clean the blood, Lucy snatched the tissue out of my hand and pressed it to her forehead.

"Well don't just sit there. Call for help then, we can't exactly just sit here all night." She snapped at me.

I called Khalil to bring a few litres of petrol. He said he'd be here in half an hour. I kind of wish he'd get here sooner, I can't handle Lucy being mad at me. The quicker we get out of here the less mad she'll be at me as the less guilt I'll feel.

"I need some air." Lucy mumbled stepping out of the car.

I didn't say anything; I figured she needed some time and space to calm down.

LUCYS POV:

My nose is really hurting, and my forehead is throbbing, honestly my body aches from sitting in the car for so long. All I want is to take a walk and get some fresh air.I walked off into the woods towards the sound of a river. It was relaxing, I couldn't hear any cars, only nature; the sound of leaves dancing in the wind and birds singing in harmony. I had a lot of time to think about my life.

After 20 minutes of walking I found a bench near a wooden cottage. My legs were aching so I sat down and sighed in relief.

**FLASH BACK**

My dad was driving mum, my twin sister, Hazel-grace, and I we were on our way back home from my grandma's house. We'd spent the day there because it was Christmas Eve. It was late at night and there was ice on the road from yesterday's snowfall.

We were going down a steep hill and our car started sliding all over the place. My dad had to jerk the steering wheel to try and control the car but it only made it worse; we ended up tipping over. The car started rolling and we were getting squashed and thrown about.

We were all screaming and I had grabbed Hazel-grace's hand and pulled her closer so I felt safer. But the car was still rolling down the hill. We were stuck in a death trap. We finally stopped moving when we hit a lamp post, the car was upside down and I could see the smoke rising from the engine.

I smelt the sickly metallic liquid before I saw it. The blood was all over the carseats and the windows. I called for my mum and dad but they didn't respond the car was silent apart from my heavy breathy and small whimpers.

"H-hazel, Hazel-grace are you okay, can you hear me? Hazel! Hazel please, Hazel!" I stuttered for my sister but once again I got no reply.

The tears had started streaming down my face by then and I was shaking. My hands were trembling as I struggled to take off my seatbelt. I slowly crawled towards Hazel-grace trying to avoid the broken glass as much as possible.

Hazel-grace's head was hanging limp on her shoulder and she wasn't moving. I'd undone her seatbelt and hugged her to my body trying to wake her up. I couldn't find her pulse and she wasn't breathing.

By then I was struggling to breath, my own heartbeat was racing and my breathes were heavy and loud. I couldn't cope with the pale, limp lifeless body of my twin sister in my arms. As much as I wanted to stay with my family, I couldn't I was in so much pain and I had to get out of the car.

I winced as I shuffled over the broken glass, through the broken window. The pain was excruciating; my head, hands and arms were bleeding and I couldn't move my neck. My back and legs ached and I tried not to pay attention to the shards of glass embedded in my skin. When I had managed to crawl out I lay by the car bleeding and crying.

People started running out of their houses. They called the ambulance,a doctor came towards me and gently pulled me into a safe position so I wouldn't go into shock as easily. He helped my calm down and control my breathing while I watched people rush around me trying to help in any way they could. Locals helped the paramedics get my family out of the car and into the ambulances. It was clear to me even from where I was sitting that they hadn't made the crash.

I was the only survivor. My family were dead.

**END OF FLASHBACK**