𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 | 𝗖𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗦

SNOW HAD FALLEN OVER THE GROUNDS of Hogwarts, lights twinkled and decorations glittered all around halls of the castle

SNOW HAD FALLEN OVER THE GROUNDS of Hogwarts, lights twinkled and decorations glittered all around halls of the castle. It truly was the most wonderful time of the year as students were either home with their families or packed into their dorms with their friends. Either way, everyone felt the holiday spirit, and no one felt it more than Estella Bennett.

The wonders of Christmas morning filled Estella with joy.

She and James had a tradition that was started when they were five. It was the first holiday she spent at the Potters and both of them had woken up at dawn because of a nightmare Estella had. Somehow, the children ended up at James' window sill, gazing up at the sky as the sun rose.

It was something they did every year now, no matter where they are. Except now, it wasn't just them. Sirius, Remus, and Peter joined them.

This year, they snuck out of the dorm. Bundled up in warm pajamas and sweaters, they traveled out to the Black Lake. Estella had wrapped herself in a wool blanket, which she opened her arms for Remus to join the warmth.

Once the Marauders and Estella settled, they turned their gaze up the sky.

"It's so bloody cold," Peter shuddered, grasping his jacket closer.

"You say that every fucking year, Wormtail," Sirius snapped grumpily, rubbing his tired eyes. The pureblood has the tendency to act like a toddler when James dragged him out of bed this early in morning."It's December, for Merlin's sake. Of course it's cold, my balls are ice."

"You need to chill, Padfoot," Remus murmured.

"I think we're all pretty chill..."

"Shut up, Prongs," Estella chuckled lightly, gazing up at the sky as the sun started to peak over the horizon.

"It's coming," Peter grinned, yawning into his arm as he watched the sun from beside Remus. James was the other side of Estella with Sirius practically in his lap half asleep.

"It's so beautiful," Estella whispered, gazing at the colors that spread across the morning sky. She couldn't help but to feel completely and utterly happy to just be here in the moment with her friends.

Once the cold got the best of them and the sun had risen, the group scurried back to the Common Room to begin the presents.

Estella hadn't even sat down yet when Lily Evans came downstairs, joining the Marauders and Stellar.

"You mind if I join you?" Lily asked, taking a seat next to James and Estella. No one protested, and James looked like a deer in the headlights.