Chapter Four

"I just don't understand you Tyler." I put the keys into the starter and smile as my baby comes to life.

I own a grey 2012 four door Toyota Tacoma. Dad and John got her back on Wednesday after they lifted her a couple of inches.

"I'm starving Kae, just get me some food, please. I don't want to eat this vomit looking smoothie." He fake gags and holds the cup up to the camera.

The smoothie does in fact resemble vomit. I scrunch up my nose in disgust and laugh.

"I'll be there in half an hour. Don't die from starvation while you wait." I end the call and put my truck in reverse.

"Hey Mandy, I just need a double cheeseburger, no tomatoes, extra bacon and sweet potato fries." I tell the cashier Tyler's order and she writes it down before laughing.

"Picking up food for Tyler again?" She questions with amusement.

I laugh out loud and nod in reply. I'm currently at the best burger place in town, Bruce's Burgers. I know, what an original name. Tyler and I have been coming here since he got his driver's license. It's our favorite restaurant.

Bruce was only 15 when he and his best friend started experimenting with food, mostly burgers. When they were 17, they had saved up enough money to buy a food truck and from there they only went up.

I pull out my phone to kill some time. As I open up the candy crush app a little girl stands next to me and smiles brightly up at me.

"Uh hi?" I regard her with caution as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Hello." She rocks side to side and looks around the restaurant. I look at her keenly waiting for her to elaborate whatever she wants. I have nothing against kids, heck I love them! But for some random girl to come up to me is a bit weird.

She opens her mouth to say something, but gets interrupted by someone picking her up.

"Lil, what did I say about running off like that?" A guy says.

I glance up at him. One word. Beautiful. There are only so many non famous people I categorize as beautiful, and he has made my list.

"I'm sorry, she tends to run off a lot. Cody," He says holding his hand out.

I take his hand in mine and look up at his face. His bright blue eyes stared down at me. A dimple on his left cheek appeared as he smiled at me. His blonde hair was cut and faded out on the sides of his head.

We shake hands briefly and I raise an eyebrow at him. He clears his throat and raises his eyebrows in question. I decide to be nice.

"Kaeleah." I tell him my name and pull my hand out of his.

"You better be charging Tyler a delivery fee." Mandy hands me a paper bag with the food in it and I laugh at her comment.

She looks between Cody and I before winking at me and walking away.

"Well, nice to meet you Cody."

"You too Kaeleah. Hopefully I'll run into you again."

I offer him a small smile and a nod of my head. I doubt we'll ever see each other again.

Half way to Tyler's house my phone rings and I answer the call, making sure to put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey Leah, can you do me a favor?"

"Depending who and what it is," I say. I glance at my phone and take note of the unknown number.