Chapter Twenty-One

(This chapter is dedicated to Shimmer_101 for an amazing cover photo)

"No."

"Yes."

"I refuse." I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"Kaeleah you have to thank him for fixing your truck." My dad says.

"Why should I thank him when it's his fault that it got ruined in the first place?" I ask.

It's been a week since the crash and in that week, we won our last game that put us in the play offs and I got myself out of doing the play with Cody.

Our next game is a play off game that will determine if we enter the championships. Trust me, I will be busting their asses the week before championships.

How did I get myself out of the play? Well it took a lot of convincing, a 100 dollar donation to the drama club, and the sacrifice of my free period but it was worth it.

"It's the nice thing to do." He says and glares at me.

My eyes widen and he nods.

"You can't do that!" I say

"I can and you know I will. I've done it before and I WILL do it again."

"Do you know how long it took me to re collect all of my posters since that day?! A year! One whole year and I was still collecting new ones!"

If you're wondering what we're talking about, I got into so much trouble at school one day with the boys my dad was furious. He took all my One Direction posters tied me on a chair then made me watch him burn them. It was torture. There were very rare posters in what I had collected so far and he burned them all too ashes.

"Fine. I'll ." I say

"You have two days. I will know if you did or didn't so don't try to lie." he says sternly and leaves me alone in the kitchen.

I grab a gatorade from the fridge and run up to my room.

I sat on my bed and decided to call Cody.
*Ring...ring...ring....*

"Hello?"

"Hey Co-"

"Hello?"

"Cody, it's Kaele-"

"Yeah make sure you leave a message after the beep so we can actually talk."
*Beeeeeeep.*

I stare down at my phone in disbelief.

"Good job Cody. You made me feel stupid without even trying."

I don't care, I'm going to apologize to you for the sake of my posters.

------------------------------
Beep..Beep.Beep.Be-

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock. I don't know why I still have one when I can just is my phone.

I do my regular morning routine,  but I hid all my posters in the back of my closet for safe keeping. Today i decided to wear a white tank top with blue denim shorts. Simple, but cute.

I grab my school bag and duffel and head to the kitchen. Surprisingly no one is even in the kitchen today.

I fry some bacon and sit at the counter alone and start eating.

Why is it so quiet? I look at my phone and nearly choke. I'm two hours late for school. Two whole hours. Why didn't anyone wake me up? How did I not notice the time? That's what I get for staying awake calling Cody all night. I called him a total of 76 times and he didn't answer even one of them. He's ignoring me and I know it.