Chapter Seven

"Ok Class! Today We are starting on our first play!" Mrs.Everheart announces.

It's Thursday already, and yesterday's practice went so much better than Tuesday's. Today is our last practice before our first game against the Bulldogs.

I'm in my third period, drama class. It just started, yet I really can't wait for it to end. I'm dying of hunger. Well not really dying, but you catch my drift.

"Since this is your first play of the year, I've decided to base it off a movie that hopefully you've all watched, or heard of. We'll be doing our play based on the D-" She stops mid sentence as the auditorium door opens. "Ahh, Mr.Austin, it's nice of you to join us. Please hurry and take a seat."

I discovered that I have Cody for this class. I've also discovered I have Lance for photography, then I have Austin for English and all three of them in P.E.

"As I was saying, our play will be based off of Disney channel's High School Musical." She announced proudly.

Choruses of groans and protest are heard around the room. I have no problem with it though, as long as I'm not really in the play, but a mere person who works backstage.

"Hush up, everyone has to audition! No exceptions. Auditions are this Saturday at 12 in the afternoon. This a part of your grade, you'll either be in the play, or helping backstage.  No exceptions."

"When is the play?" A classmate asks from the front row.

"Ahh yes, it's going to be a month from now."

"Psst. Kaeleah. " Someone whispers from behind me, I ignore them as I try to concentrate on what the teacher is saying. I feel something hit the back of my head, I assume it's probably a paper ball.

"Kaeleah!" Another paper ball hits my head. I continue to ignore it, trying to focus on the details about backstage workers.

"Damn , Kaeleah!" This time I turn around ready to tell whoever it is to fuck off. I catch the paper ball before it hits me square in the face.

"What do you want?" I growl out as I lock eyes with Cody.

"Let me take you out, to dinner and a movie." He sings referring to a song from a few years ago.

"Leave me alone." I turn around.

The class goes by and when the bell finally  rings I'm the first one out the door. My stomach growls, encouraging me to walk faster.

The cafeteria food here is good, it's not like the gross school lunches you see in movies and TV shows. I grab a slice of pizza and a burger, a bottle of blue Gatorade, and a red velvet cupcake, then make my way over to our the usual table.

Since it's a big group,  we push two tables together. Each table fits six people. There's me, Jay, Tyler, Devin, Raymond, Caleb, Andrea, Mariah and her boyfriend Alex, and sometimes Aly sits with us.

I sit myself in front of Tyler and Ray, sitting next to Jay. I quickly dig in to my delicious looking food, taking a bite of pizza first.

"I'm surprised you're not fat, eating all of that food. No wonder why guys don't date you." A voice says from behind me.

I turn around and sigh when I see enemy number one standing behind me.

"Why can't you ever leave me alone?" I say and turn around. "Are you," I pause for dramatic effect, "In love with me or something?" I question and hear the group laughing behind me.

"Ugh, as if." She says and crosses her arms. "Hey Tyler." She says using a seductive voice? I don't know, she sounds more like a screeching cat to me. I watch as she leans down and places her head on his shoulder as her hands run down his chest.