Chapter Twenty-Two

I'm not even hurt. I'm just mad. Why play with my feeling just to end up with my sister?

Yup, you heard it right. Standing before me is a confused Keana and a speechless Cody.

"Kaeleah I can explain." he says.

"I don't think I want to hear an explanation. I mean, there is nothing that needs to be explained. We were never official in a way." I say.

"Wait. What's going on?" Keana speaks up looking extremely confused.

"Yeah, I would like to know that too." I say and cross my arms over my chest.

Cody looks between me and my sister opening and closing his month resembling a fish.

"Well?" she asks

"Okay. Well in the beginning it was all about you Kaeleah, honestly. Then I met Keana and we started hooking up." He says simply.

"So everything was fake?" I ask.

"Yes. No. Well not really. I started hooking up with Keana after you and your dad made up." he says.

"So you were with her." Keana points to me "Before we became a thing?" She asks calmly. I look at her and you can tell it's just a calm before the storm.

"Yes." He answers truthfully.

"Okay that is just fucked up." I say keeping my tone of voice leveled.

"I know. I did  really like you Kae. It's just your sister and I have more in common."

"Oh no no no. My sister and I may not be on such good terms, but I wouldn't fuck her over like that." Keana says.

"Oh, and you should stick to calling me Kaeleah. Only my friends and family call me by my nicknames." Codys mouth opens in surprise.

I turn around and walk back the other way leaving Keana and Cody to figure out their shit.

Cody is such an asshole. I let him in way too easily. I'm not mad or sad, just disappointed. Are there no non asshole douchbag people in the world anymore?

"Oomf." I bump into someone and come face to face with my bestfriend. A smile instantly makes it's way onto my face when I see him.

"Kae!" He says at the same time I say "Ty!" We laugh at the same time and at the same time say "You talk first."

We laugh once more before I tell him to go first.

"Okay. So I was looking for you because I was gonna ask you something." He says and scratches the back of his neck.

Is he gonna ask what I think he's gonna ask? "Okay what is it?" I ask with a smile still on my face.

"Well I was gonna ask if you would wanna uhh." He says nervously.

"Wanna what?" I ask my smile getting slightly bigger.

He takes a breath and says "I was gonna ask if you would wanna help me with my receiving. One on one practice kind of thing."

My smile immediately falls. I guess I thought wrong. Of course he wasn't going to ask me. I recover before looking at him again. "Yeah of course!" I say happily.

"Cool." He smiles at me and hugs me. We part ways and I run into Cam next.

"Hey honey bee!" She says cheerfully.

"Hello." I say trying to sound equally as cheerful but I fail miserably.

"What's up with you?" she asks.